Around Mesa Verde ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Blythe. It lies just east of Mesa Verde. Blythe has a population of 19,700 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Quartzsite (AZ).
It is located about 29 miles [ km] to the east of Mesa Verde and has a population of 3,800 people.
The following is a sample of nearby communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance .<2>
- Cibola [La Paz County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cibola
- Cibola [La Paz County] lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> to the south of Mesa Verde
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cibola have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cibola
- Ehrenberg [La Paz County]
- La Paz Valley [La Paz County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for La Paz Valley
- La Paz Valley [La Paz County] lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> to the east of Mesa Verde
- Jump to Google Maps centered on La Paz Valley
- Morgantown [La Paz County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Morgantown
- Morgantown [La Paz County] lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the east of Mesa Verde
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Morgantown
- Poston [La Paz County]
- Quartzsite [La Paz County]
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Blythe [Riverside County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Blythe
- Blythe [Riverside County] lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the east of Mesa Verde
- Estimated population in 2019: 19,682 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blythe
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Blythe<4>
- Desert Center [Riverside County]
- East Blythe [Riverside County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for East Blythe
- East Blythe [Riverside County] lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the east of Mesa Verde
- Jump to Google Maps centered on East Blythe
- Palo Verde [Imperial County]
For more communities neighboring Mesa Verde, please visit our County-by-County Page for Mesa Verde.
Riverside County ...
Mesa Verde is located in Riverside County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Riverside County: La Paz (AZ), Imperial, Orange, San Bernardino & San Diego.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Mesa Verde ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Mesa Verde.
Airports Near Mesa Verde ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Mesa Verde and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Mesa Verde.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of California:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for California
About Riverside County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Mesa Verde. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Riverside County: www.co.riverside.ca.us/
The official website for State of California: https://www.ca.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Mesa Verde.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Mesa Verde) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Mesa Verde. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Mesa Verde
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Mesa Verde. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 33.6055, Longitude: -114.7275
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of California's counties, including Riverside, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Mesa Verde), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|