Welcome to Lompoc Village ...
Lompoc Village is located in Santa Barbara County<1>.
The location of Lompoc Village has been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (ie- the GNIS).<2>
A typical abbreviation for Lompoc Village: Lompoc Vlg. (in Canada, 'Vlge.' is the more common abbreviation.)
Lompoc Village is 90 feet [27 m] above sea level.<3>.
Time Zone: Lompoc Village lies in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time
Lompoc Village lies within the (805) area code.
Communities near Lompoc Village ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Lompoc Village.
- Solvang [Santa Barbara County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Solvang
- Solvang [Santa Barbara County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the east of Lompoc Village
- Population from the 2020 Census: 5,556 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Solvang
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Solvang<5>
- Buellton [Santa Barbara County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Buellton
- Buellton [Santa Barbara County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the east of Lompoc Village
- Estimated population in 2015: 5,082 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Buellton
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Buellton<5>
- Vandenberg Village [Santa Barbara County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Vandenberg Village
- Vandenberg Village [Santa Barbara County] lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the north of Lompoc Village
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Vandenberg Village have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Vandenberg Village
- Lompoc Landing [Santa Barbara County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lompoc Landing
- Lompoc Landing [Santa Barbara County] was located 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the northwest of Lompoc Village
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Lompoc Landing. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Los Alamos [Santa Barbara County]
- Casmalia [Santa Barbara County]
- Orcutt [Santa Barbara County]
- Betteravia [Santa Barbara County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Betteravia
- Betteravia [Santa Barbara County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the north of Lompoc Village
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Betteravia
- Garey [Santa Barbara County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Garey
- Garey [Santa Barbara County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the northeast of Lompoc Village
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Garey
- Ballard [Santa Barbara County]
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Lompoc Village. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Lompoc Village.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Lompoc Village. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Lompoc Village.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Lompoc Village. See our Newspapers Page for Lompoc Village.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Lompoc Village ...
Looking for more information about Lompoc Village? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Lompoc Village, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Lompoc Village.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for California
About Santa Barbara County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Lompoc Village. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Santa Barbara County: www.countyofsb.org/
The official website for State of California: https://www.ca.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of California's counties, including Santa Barbara, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<3>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Lompoc Village - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Lompoc Village) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Lompoc Village. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Lompoc VillageOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Lompoc Village. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 34.6403, Longitude: -120.4688 In this case, the coordinates for Lompoc Village have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|