Welcome to La Panza ...
So far, we have found very little information about La Panza. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added La Panza to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with La Panza, please Contact Us.
La Panza would have been located within present day San Luis Obispo County<2>.
We aren't confident of the location of La Panza, so consider the above location as an estimate.<3>
While the community is gone, the present day location for La Panza is 1,870 feet [570 m] above sea level.<4>.
Time Zone: The area where La Panza was located is in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time
If La Panza still existed, it would have been in the (805) area code.
Communities near La Panza ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near La Panza.
- Simmler [San Luis Obispo County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Simmler
- Simmler [San Luis Obispo County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<5> to the east of La Panza
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Simmler have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Simmler
- Creston [San Luis Obispo County]
- Kecks Corner [Kern County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kecks Corner
- Kecks Corner [Kern County] lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<5> to the north of La Panza
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Kecks Corner have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kecks Corner
- Santa Margarita [San Luis Obispo County]
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Shandon [San Luis Obispo County]
- Linne [San Luis Obispo County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Linne
- Linne [San Luis Obispo County] lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<5> to the northwest of La Panza
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Linne
- Cholame [San Luis Obispo County]
- San Luis Obispo [San Luis Obispo County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for San Luis Obispo
- San Luis Obispo [San Luis Obispo County] lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<5> to the west of La Panza
- Population from the 2020 Census: 47,590 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on San Luis Obispo
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for San Luis Obispo<7>
- Arroyo Grande [San Luis Obispo County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Arroyo Grande
- Arroyo Grande [San Luis Obispo County] lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<5> to the southwest of La Panza
- Population from the 2020 Census: 17,821 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Arroyo Grande
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Arroyo Grande<7>
- Atascadero [San Luis Obispo County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Atascadero
- Atascadero [San Luis Obispo County] lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<5> to the west of La Panza
- Population from the 2020 Census: 30,254 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Atascadero
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Atascadero<7>
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around La Panza. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for La Panza.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of La Panza. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around La Panza.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around La Panza. See our Newspapers Page for La Panza.
Adding La Panza to Our Gazetteer ...
We originally found mention of La Panza in both the FIPS-55 and the GNIS. For more information, see the FIPS and GNIS Codes sections on our Miscellaneous Page.
In addition, our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for La Panza was in the Business Atlas and Shippers' Guide (1895).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for La Panza on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of California
About San Luis Obispo County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for San Luis Obispo County: www.co.slo.ca.us/
The official website for State of California: https://www.ca.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about La Panza, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of California's counties, including San Luis Obispo, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<4>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around La Panza - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- La Panza) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for La Panza. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from La PanzaOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in La Panza. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 35.3610, Longitude: -120.2143 In this case, the coordinates for La Panza have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<7>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|