Welcome to Auld ...
So far, we have found very little information about Auld. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Auld to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Auld, please Contact Us.
Auld would have been located within present day Riverside County<2>.
We aren't confident of the location of Auld, so consider the above location as an estimate.<3>
We don't have a date for the establishment of Auld. The community came to an end when it was inundated by the Skinner Reservoir. More information can be found in the Details section on the Genealogy Helper Page for Auld..
While the community is gone, the present day location for Auld is 1,460 feet [445 m] above sea level.<4>.
Time Zone: The area where Auld was located is in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time
Communities Also Named Auld ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Auld - it's located in Ontario.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Auld.
Communities near Auld ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Auld.
- Murrieta [Riverside County]
- Temecula [Riverside County]
- Menifee [Riverside County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Menifee
- Menifee [Riverside County] lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<5> to the northwest of Auld
- Estimated population in 2019: 94,756 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Menifee
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Menifee<6>
- Hemet [Riverside County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hemet
- Hemet [Riverside County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<5> to the northeast of Auld
- Estimated population in 2019: 85,334 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hemet
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Hemet<6>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Perris [Riverside County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Perris
- Perris [Riverside County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<5> to the northwest of Auld
- Estimated population in 2019: 79,291 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Perris
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Perris<6>
- Lake Elsinore [Riverside County]
- San Jacinto [Riverside County]
- Wildomar [Riverside County]
- Canyon Lake [Riverside County]
- Murrieta Hot Springs [Riverside County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Murrieta Hot Springs
- Murrieta Hot Springs [Riverside County] lies 5 miles [8 km]<5> to the west of Auld
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Murrieta Hot Springs have been provided by the GNIS.<7> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Murrieta Hot Springs
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Auld. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Auld.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Auld. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Auld.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Auld. See our Newspapers Page for Auld.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in California
About Riverside County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Riverside County: www.co.riverside.ca.us/
The official website for State of California: https://www.ca.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Auld, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of California's counties, including Riverside, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<4>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Auld - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Auld) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Auld. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Auld
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Auld. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 33.5856, Longitude: -117.0613 In this case, the coordinates for Auld have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<7>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|