Welcome to Atsepar ...
So far, we have found very little information about Atsepar. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Atsepar to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Atsepar, please Contact Us.
Atsepar would have been located within present day Humboldt County<2>.
We aren't confident of the location of Atsepar, so consider the above location as an estimate.<3>
Time Zone: The area where Atsepar was located is in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time
Communities near Atsepar ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Atsepar.
- Hoopa [Humboldt County]
- Orleans [Humboldt County]
- Johnsons [Humboldt County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Johnsons
- Johnsons [Humboldt County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the northwest of Atsepar
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Johnsons
- Somes Bar [Siskiyou County]
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Orick [Humboldt County]
- Willow Creek [Humboldt County]
- Forks of Salmon [Siskiyou County]
- Salyer [Trinity County]
- Trinidad [Humboldt County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Trinidad
- Trinidad [Humboldt County] lies 23 miles [37 km]<4> to the southwest of Atsepar
- Population from the 2020 Census: 358 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Trinidad
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Trinidad<5>
- Trinity Village [Trinity County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Trinity Village
- Trinity Village [Trinity County] lies 23 miles [37 km]<4> to the southeast of Atsepar
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Trinity Village have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Trinity Village
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Atsepar. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Atsepar.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Atsepar. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Atsepar.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Atsepar. See our Newspapers Page for Atsepar.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of California
About Humboldt County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Humboldt County: www.co.humboldt.ca.us/
The official website for State of California: https://www.ca.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Atsepar, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of California's counties, including Humboldt, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Atsepar) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Atsepar. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from AtseparOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Atsepar. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 41.1912, Longitude: -123.7195 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|