Welcome to Arundel ...
So far, we have found very little information about Arundel. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Arundel to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Arundel, please Contact Us.
Arundel would have been located within present day Merced County<2>.
The location of Arundel has been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (ie- the GNIS).<3>
While the community is gone, the present day location for Arundel is 160 feet [49 m] above sea level.<4>.
Time Zone: The area where Arundel was located is in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time
Arundel would have been located in the (209) area code.
Communities Also Named Arundel ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 6 communities that are also named Arundel - they are located in Delaware, Florida, Maine, Maryland (2) and Quebec.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Arundel.
Communities near Arundel ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Arundel.
- Merced [Merced County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Merced
- Merced [Merced County] lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<5> to the southeast of Arundel
- Estimated population in 2018: 83,316 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Merced
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Merced<6>
- Turlock [Stanislaus County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Turlock
- Turlock [Stanislaus County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<5> to the west of Arundel
- Estimated population in 2018: 73,504 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Turlock
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Turlock<6>
- Atwater [Merced County]
- Livingston [Merced County]
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Waterford [Stanislaus County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Waterford
- Waterford [Stanislaus County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<5> to the northwest of Arundel
- Estimated population in 2018: 8,957 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Waterford
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Waterford<6>
- Hughson [Stanislaus County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hughson
- Hughson [Stanislaus County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<5> to the northwest of Arundel
- Estimated population in 2018: 7,551 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hughson
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Hughson<6>
- Cressey [Merced County]
- Winton [Merced County]
- Ballico [Merced County]
- Fluhr [Merced County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fluhr
- Fluhr [Merced County] lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<5> to the south of Arundel
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fluhr
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Arundel. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Arundel.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Arundel. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Arundel.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Arundel. See our Newspapers Page for Arundel.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of California
About Merced County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Merced County: www.co.merced.ca.us/
The official website for State of California: https://www.ca.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Arundel, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of California's counties, including Merced, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Arundel - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Arundel) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Arundel. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Arundel
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Arundel. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 37.4485, Longitude: -120.5994 In this case, the coordinates for Arundel have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|