Around Armona ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Fresno. It is located about 32 miles [51 km] to the north of Armona. Fresno has a population of 530,000 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Visalia.
It is located about 21 miles [ km] to the east of Armona and has a population of 135,000 people.
Below is a sample of nearby communities: Keep in mind that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance from Armona.<2>
- Conejo [Fresno County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Conejo
- Conejo [Fresno County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the north of Armona
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Conejo
- Goshen [Tulare County]
- Hanford [Kings County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hanford
- Hanford [Kings County] lies 3 miles [4.8 km]<2> to the northeast of Armona
- Population from the 2020 Census: 58,352 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hanford
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Hanford<3>
- Hardwick [Kings County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hardwick
- Hardwick [Kings County] lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the north of Armona
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hardwick
- Home Garden [Kings County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Home Garden
- Home Garden [Kings County] lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the east of Armona
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Home Garden
- Hub [Kings County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hub
- Hub [Kings County] lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the northwest of Armona
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hub have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hub
- Continue List (9 more) ...
- Kingsburg [Fresno County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kingsburg
- Kingsburg [Fresno County] lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the northeast of Armona
- Population from the 2020 Census: 12,389 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kingsburg
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Kingsburg<3>
- Lanare [Fresno County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lanare
- Lanare [Fresno County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the northwest of Armona
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lanare
- Laton [Fresno County]
- Lemoore [Kings County]
- Riverdale [Fresno County]
- Stratford [Kings County]
- Traver [Tulare County]
- Vanguard [Kings County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Vanguard
- Vanguard [Kings County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the west of Armona
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Vanguard have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Vanguard
- Waukena [Tulare County]
For more communities neighboring Armona, please visit our County-by-County Page for Armona.
Kings County ...
Armona is located in Kings County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Kings County: Fresno, Kern, Monterey, San Luis Obispo & Tulare.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Armona ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Armona.
Airports Near Armona ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Armona and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Armona.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Armona ...
Looking for more information about Armona? A good source is the TripAdvisor website and we always start with their TripAdvisor page for Armona. Their page will give you an overview and then additional links that will help you to find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the TripAdvisor page for Armona, there are neighboring communities that also have TripAdvisor pages. A list of those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Armona.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of California:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in California
About Kings County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Armona. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Kings County: www.countyofkings.com/
The official website for State of California: https://www.ca.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Armona.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Armona) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Armona. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from ArmonaOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Armona. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 36.3158, Longitude: -119.7091 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of California's counties, including Kings, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Armona), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|