Around Apex ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Sacramento. It is located about 37 miles [59 km] to the west of Apex. Sacramento has a population of 513,000 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Elk Grove.
It is located about 36 miles [ km] to the southwest of Apex and has a population of 167,000 people.
Below is a sample of nearby communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance .<2>
- Cameron Park [El Dorado County]
- Camino [El Dorado County]
- Coloma [El Dorado County]
- Diamond Springs [El Dorado County]
- El Dorado [El Dorado County]
- Garden Valley [El Dorado County]
- Continue List (9 more) ...
- Jayhawk [El Dorado County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Jayhawk
- Jayhawk [El Dorado County] lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the west of Apex
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jayhawk
- Lotus [El Dorado County]
- Motor City [El Dorado County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Motor City
- Motor City [El Dorado County] lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the east of Apex
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Motor City have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Motor City
- Newtown [El Dorado County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Newtown
- Newtown [El Dorado County] lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the east of Apex
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Newtown
- Placerville [El Dorado County]
- Pleasant Valley [El Dorado County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pleasant Valley
- Pleasant Valley [El Dorado County] lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the east of Apex
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pleasant Valley
- Shingle Springs [El Dorado County]
- Skinners [El Dorado County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Skinners
- Skinners [El Dorado County] lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the west of Apex
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Skinners
- Tiger Lily [El Dorado County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tiger Lily
- Tiger Lily [El Dorado County] lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the southeast of Apex
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tiger Lily
For more communities neighboring Apex, please visit our County-by-County Page for Apex.
El Dorado County ...
Apex is located in El Dorado County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of El Dorado County: Alpine, Amador, Placer, Sacramento & Douglas (NV).
Curious and Interesting Names Near Apex ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Apex.
Airports Near Apex ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Apex and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Apex.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of California:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for California
About El Dorado County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Apex. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for El Dorado County: www.co.el-dorado.ca.us/
The official website for State of California: https://www.ca.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Apex.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Apex) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Apex. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 38.7268, Longitude: -120.8233 In this case, the coordinates for Apex have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of California's counties, including El Dorado, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Apex), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|