Welcome to Annapolis ...
Annapolis is located in Sonoma County<1>.
When the people of Annapolis refer to themselves (known as a demonym), they frequently use Annapolitan<2>
Annapolis is 770 feet [235 m] above sea level.<3>.
Time Zone: Annapolis lies in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time
The telephone area code for Annapolis: (707)
The ZIP code for Annapolis: 95412<4>
Communities Also Named Annapolis ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 7 communities that are also named Annapolis - they are located in Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Maryland, Missouri, Ohio and Washington.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Annapolis.
Communities near Annapolis ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Annapolis.
- Cloverdale [Sonoma County]
- Sea Ranch [Sonoma County]
- Stewarts Point [Sonoma County]
- Gualala [Mendocino County]
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Anchor Bay [Mendocino County]
- Fish Rock [Mendocino County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fish Rock
- Fish Rock [Mendocino County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<5> to the northwest of Annapolis
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fish Rock
- Hermitage [Mendocino County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hermitage
- Hermitage [Mendocino County] was located 14 miles [22.5 km]<5> to the northeast of Annapolis
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Hermitage. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
- Yorkville [Mendocino County]
- Fort Ross [Sonoma County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fort Ross
- Fort Ross [Sonoma County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<5> to the southeast of Annapolis
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fort Ross have been provided by the GNIS.<8> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fort Ross
- Signal Port [Mendocino County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Signal Port
- Signal Port [Mendocino County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<5> to the northwest of Annapolis
- Signal Port has also been known as:
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Signal Port
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Annapolis. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Annapolis.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Annapolis. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Annapolis.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Annapolis. See our Newspapers Page for Annapolis.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Annapolis ...
Looking for more information about Annapolis? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Annapolis, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Annapolis.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for California
About Sonoma County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Annapolis. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Sonoma County: www.sonoma-county.org/
The official website for State of California: https://www.ca.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of California's counties, including Sonoma, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||A demonym is the name for a resident of a community which is usually derived from (or is related to) the name of that community. In other words, it's how the residents of Annapolis refer to themselves. It's important to note that there aren't any rules for taking a community's name and turning it into a demonym. A demonym is informal and while the majority of Annapolis may use one name, keep in mind that others may use something different.|
|<3>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Annapolis - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<4>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Annapolis). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Annapolis or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Annapolis) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Annapolis. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Annapolis
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Annapolis. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 38.7194, Longitude: -123.3676
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<7>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<8>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|