Census Data for Alta ...
As far as we can tell, Alta has not been included in past Census counts, so there is no population information for this community.
While we don't have census information for Alta, you might be interested in some nearby communities where we do:
- Colfax [Placer County]
- Nevada City [Nevada County]
- Grass Valley [Nevada County]
- Auburn [Placer County]
- Placerville [El Dorado County]
- Loomis [Placer County]
- Lincoln [Placer County]
- Truckee [Nevada County]
- Continue List (343 more) ...
- Wheatland [Yuba County]
- Rocklin [Placer County]
- Roseville [Placer County]
Placer County ...
Alta is located in Placer County<3>.
For more information, please visit our Census Page for Placer County.
Miscellaneous Information for Alta ...
The Federal government has assigned various identifying codes to each community, county and state. At one time or another, the US Census Bureau has used one (or more) of the following identifiers when referring to either Placer County or the community of Alta:
- The GNIS Codes ...
- The current system of identification is called the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). The following GNIS codes relate to Alta:
- GNIS ID for Alta: 256205
- GNIS ID for Placer County: 277295
- GNIS ID for State of California: 1779778
- Misc. Census Codes ...
- Alta is located in Census Region #4 (the West Region) and Division #9 (the Pacific Division).
- The US Postal Service ZIP Code ...
- While some people have used a ZIP code to identify a community, the purpose of the ZIP code was to make mail delivery more efficient by grouping addresses together. Although the ZIP Code doesn't specifically identify a community like Alta, it does identify addresses that are in (or near) Alta. It's important to remember that the boundaries of a ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned or overlapped with other ZIP Codes.
- The ZIP code for Alta:95701<4>
- Census ZCTA Codes ...
- The US Census Bureau created statistical entities that they call ZIP Code Tabulation Areas (ZCTAs) and these ZCTAs are frequently confused with the ZIP codes that come from the US Postal Service (USPS).
- ZCTAs were first created for the 2000 Census and at that time, they were based upon the USPS ZIP codes. While largely covering the same areas, the boundaries of a ZCTA do not necessarily match the boundaries of a postal ZIP code with the same number. For example, while a postal ZIP code can cross a county or state line, a Census ZCTA can not. They should be treated as separate entities with no correlation between them.
For more information about the various Federal identification codes, please visit our Misc Page for Alta.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in California
About Placer County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Alta. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Placer County: www.placer.ca.gov/
The official website for State of California: https://www.ca.gov/
The official website of the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN)
The official website of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Alta) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Alta. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from AltaOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Alta. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 39.2070, Longitude: -120.8111 |
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||If you're interested in how the shape of California's counties, including Placer, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<4>||When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Alta or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|