Below are the newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Alpine Meadows.
Our newspaper information for Alpine Meadows is based on data taken from the Chronicling America website. For more information, please see our description of the Chronicling America website.
We don't know of any newspapers that were published in the immediate area of Alpine Meadows. That said, we do have a list of papers that were published in the broader area surrounding Alpine Meadows. Our list contains 60 papers that were published within 24 miles [38.6 km]<1> of Alpine Meadows.
To keep this list from growing too long, not all of the papers have been listed. We have another list where all the papers have been listed in alphabetical order. The complete list can be found on the Extended Newspaper Page for Alpine Meadows.
Newspapers Neighboring Alpine Meadows ...
The following newspapers were published within 24 miles [38.6 km] of Alpine Meadows.
The papers have been grouped by the community in which they were published, with the communities listed in order of their distance from Alpine Meadows.
- Published In Tahoe City [Placer County] ...
- Lake Tahoe News (from 1937)
- Tahoe City World (from 1963)
- Tahoe Daily Messenger (from 1936)
- Tahoe Topics (from 1946)
- Tahoe World (from 1970)
- Published In Truckee [Nevada County] ...
- Sierra Sun And Truckee Republican (from 1933)
- Sierra Sun-bonanza (from 1971)
- Sierra Sun
- The first year of publication is unknown, with the last issue in 1971
- Locate a copy thru WorldCat: OCLC 38873676
- Locate a copy thru the Library of Congress:
- Catalog Card for the Sierra Sun
- Holdings for: LCCN SN98061017
- Sierra Sun (from 1978)
- The Semi-Weekly Tribune (from 1869)
- The Truckee Republican (from 1882)
- The Truckee Semi-Weekly Tribune (from 1869)
- The Truckee Tribune (from 1868)
- The Truckee Weekly Tribune (from 1870)
- Truckee Republican (from 1911)
- Truckee Republican (from 1872)
- Truckee Semi-Weekly Republican (from 188?)
- Truckee Semi-Weekly Republican (from 1885)
- Published In Kings Beach [Placer County] ...
- Lake Tahoe Journal (from 19??)
- Published In Crystal Bay [Washoe County] ...
- Lake Tahoe's North Shore Villager (from 1961)
- North Tahoe World (from 1969)
- Published In Meadow Lake [Nevada County] ...
- Meadow Lake Daily Morning Sun (from 1866)
- Meadow Lake Morning Sun (from 1866)
- Meadow Lake Semi Weekly Sun (from 1866)
- The Meadow Lake Weekly Sun (from 1866)
- Published In South Lake Tahoe [El Dorado County] ...
- Lake Tahoe Mirror (from 1954)
- Tahoe Daily Tribune And The Lake Tahoe News (from 1995)
- Tahoe Daily Tribune And The Lake Tahoe News (from 1984)
- Tahoe Daily Tribune (from 1994)
- Tahoe Mountain News (from 1994)
- Tahoe Reflections (from 1974)
- Published In Stateline [Douglas County] ...
- The Tahoe Reader (from 198?)
- Published In Genoa [Douglas County] ...
- Carson Valley News (from 1875)
- Genoa Journal (from 1880)
- Genoa Weekly Courier (from 1880)
- The Bugle (from 1888)
- The Douglas County Banner (from 1865)
- The Nevada Prohibitionist (from 1888)
- Published In Carson City [Carson City] ...
- We know of 58 newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Carson City. The list of those papers is too long to repeat here, but can be found on the Local Newspaper Page for Carson City
- We have an extended list that contains all the papers within 24 miles [38.6 km]<1> of Alpine Meadows. This extended list includes all the papers from Carson City. The list is sorted by the paper's name. This merged list can be found on the Extended Newspaper Page for Alpine Meadows
- Published In Washoe City [Washoe County] ...
- The Eastern Slope (from 1865)
- Washoe Weekly Times (from 1865)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Alpine Meadows
The Communities of California
About Placer County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Chronicling America
Unfortunately, we don't know of an official website for Alpine Meadows. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Placer County: www.placer.ca.gov/
The official website for State of California: https://www.ca.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Alpine Meadows) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Alpine Meadows. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 39.1785, Longitude: -120.2277 In this case, the coordinates for Alpine Meadows have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|