Around Alpaugh ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Visalia. It is located about 31 miles [49 km] to the north of Alpaugh. Visalia has a population of 135,000 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Tulare.
It is located about 23 miles [ km] to the north of Alpaugh and has a population of 66,800 people.
The following is a sample of nearby communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance starting from Alpaugh.<2>
- Corcoran [Kings County]
- Delano [Kern County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Delano
- Delano [Kern County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the southeast of Alpaugh
- Population from the 2020 Census: 53,041 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Delano
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Delano<3>
- Earlimart [Tulare County]
- Lost Hills [Kern County]
- McFarland [Kern County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for McFarland
- McFarland [Kern County] lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> to the southeast of Alpaugh
- Population from the 2020 Census: 12,482 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on McFarland
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for McFarland<3>
- Pixley [Tulare County]
- Continue List (9 more) ...
- Poplar [Tulare County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Poplar
- Poplar [Tulare County] lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> to the northeast of Alpaugh
- Poplar has also been known as:
- Poplar - Cotton Center
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Poplar
- Richgrove [Tulare County]
- Semitropic [Kern County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Semitropic
- Semitropic [Kern County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the south of Alpaugh
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Semitropic
- Tipton [Tulare County]
- Tulare [Tulare County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tulare
- Tulare [Tulare County] lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> to the north of Alpaugh
- Population from the 2020 Census: 66,797 people
- Tulare has also been known as:
- Tulare City
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tulare
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Tulare<3>
- Vinland [Kern County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Vinland
- Vinland [Kern County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the southeast of Alpaugh
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Vinland have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Vinland
- Wasco [Kern County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wasco
- Wasco [Kern County] lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> to the south of Alpaugh
- Population from the 2020 Census: 28,734 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wasco
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Wasco<3>
- Waukena [Tulare County]
- Woodville [Tulare County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Woodville
- Woodville [Tulare County] lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> to the northeast of Alpaugh
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Woodville
For more communities neighboring Alpaugh, please visit our County-by-County Page for Alpaugh.
Tulare County ...
Alpaugh is located in Tulare County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Tulare County: Fresno, Inyo, Kern & Kings. The eastern boundary of the county is defined by the Sierra Nevada Mountains.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Alpaugh ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Alpaugh.
Airports Near Alpaugh ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Alpaugh and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Alpaugh.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Alpaugh ...
Looking for more information about Alpaugh? A good source is the TripAdvisor website and we always start with their TripAdvisor page for Alpaugh. Their page will give you an overview and then additional links that will help you to find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the TripAdvisor page for Alpaugh, there are neighboring communities that also have TripAdvisor pages. A list of those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Alpaugh.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of California:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in California
About Tulare County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Alpaugh. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Tulare County: www.co.tulare.ca.us/
The official website for State of California: https://www.ca.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Alpaugh.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Alpaugh) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Alpaugh. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from AlpaughOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Alpaugh. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 35.8877, Longitude: -119.4874 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of California's counties, including Tulare, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Alpaugh), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|