Welcome to Allensworth ...
So far, we have found very little information about Allensworth. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Allensworth to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Allensworth, please Contact Us.
Allensworth would have been located within present day Tulare County<2>.
While the community is gone, the present day location for Allensworth is 200 feet [61 m] above sea level.<3>.
Time Zone: The area where Allensworth was located is in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time
The location where Allensworth once stood is in the (661) area code.
Communities near Allensworth ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Allensworth.
- Delano [Kern County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Delano
- Delano [Kern County] lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the southeast of Allensworth
- Estimated population in 2019: 53,573 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Delano
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Delano<5>
- Wasco [Kern County]
- Corcoran [Kings County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Corcoran
- Corcoran [Kings County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the northwest of Allensworth
- Estimated population in 2019: 21,960 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Corcoran
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Corcoran<5>
- McFarland [Kern County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for McFarland
- McFarland [Kern County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the southeast of Allensworth
- Estimated population in 2019: 15,506 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on McFarland
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for McFarland<5>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Alpaugh [Tulare County]
- Earlimart [Tulare County]
- Pixley [Tulare County]
- Vinland [Kern County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Vinland
- Vinland [Kern County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the southeast of Allensworth
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Vinland have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Vinland
- Saucelito [Tulare County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saucelito
- Saucelito [Tulare County] was located 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the northeast of Allensworth
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Saucelito have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Tipton [Tulare County]
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Allensworth. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Allensworth.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Allensworth. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Allensworth.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Allensworth. See our Newspapers Page for Allensworth.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of California
About Tulare County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Tulare County: www.co.tulare.ca.us/
The official website for State of California: https://www.ca.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Allensworth, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of California's counties, including Tulare, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Allensworth - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Allensworth) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Allensworth. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Allensworth
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Allensworth. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 35.8648, Longitude: -119.3894
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|