Welcome to Alfa ...
So far, we have found very little information about Alfa. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Alfa to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Alfa, please Contact Us.
Alfa would have been located within present day Shasta County<2>.
We aren't confident of the location of Alfa, so consider the above location as an estimate.<3>
Alfa was established in 1880s.
Time Zone: The area where Alfa was located is in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time
Alfa would have been located in the (530) area code.
Communities Also Named Alfa ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Alfa - it's located in Kansas.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Alfa.
Communities near Alfa ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Alfa.
- McArthur [Shasta County]
- Cayton [Shasta County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cayton
- Cayton [Shasta County] lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the west of Alfa
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cayton
- Fall River Mills [Shasta County]
- Pittville [Lassen County]
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Pittville have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pittville
- Pittville [Lassen County] lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<4> to the southeast of Alfa
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pittville
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Cassel [Shasta County]
- Johnson Park [Shasta County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Johnson Park
- Johnson Park [Shasta County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the southwest of Alfa
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Johnson Park
- Nubieber [Lassen County]
- Burney [Shasta County]
- Lookout Junction [Modoc County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lookout Junction
- Lookout Junction [Modoc County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the northeast of Alfa
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lookout Junction
- Bieber [Lassen County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bieber
- Bieber [Lassen County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the east of Alfa
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bieber
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Alfa. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Alfa.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Alfa. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Alfa.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Alfa. See our Newspapers Page for Alfa.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within California
About Shasta County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Shasta County: www.co.shasta.ca.us/
The official website for State of California: https://www.ca.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Alfa, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of California's counties, including Shasta, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Alfa) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Alfa. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Alfa
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Alfa. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 41.1010, Longitude: -121.4933
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|