Welcome to Stout ...
Although we found mention of Stout during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Stout was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Stout to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Stout, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Stout might be (or was) located is in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: PST- Heure Normale du Pacifique (HNP), PDT- Heure Avancée du Pacifique (HAP).
Communities Also Named Stout ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 8 communities that are also named Stout - they are located in California, Colorado, Indiana, Iowa, Mississippi, Ohio, Tennessee and Texas.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Stout.
Communities near Stout ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Stout.
- Dogwood Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dogwood Valley
- Dogwood Valley lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the south of Stout
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Dogwood Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dogwood Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Choate
- Choate lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the south of Stout
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Choate. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Choate
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Boston Bar
- North Bend
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Haig
- Haig lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the south of Stout
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Haig came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Haig
- Canyon Alpine
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Canyon Alpine
- Canyon Alpine lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the north of Stout
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Canyon Alpine
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Laidlaw
- Laidlaw lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> to the south of Stout
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Laidlaw came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Laidlaw
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Laidlaw<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Keefers
- Keefers lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> to the north of Stout
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Keefers came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Keefers
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Stout ...
Looking for more information about Stout? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Stout, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Stout.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in British Columbia
About British Columbia
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of British Columbia: https://www.gov.bc.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Stout and then turned west". While Stout could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Stout as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Stout could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Stout) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Stout. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.6500, Longitude: -121.4000 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|