Welcome to Yale ...
Yale is 210 feet [64 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Yale lies in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: PST- Heure Normale du Pacifique (HNP), PDT- Heure Avancée du Pacifique (HAP).
Area codes for Yale: (604) and (778)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Yale: V0K<3>
Communities Also Named Yale ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 26 communities that are also named Yale - they are located in Arkansas, California, Colorado (2), Connecticut, Idaho (2), Illinois, Iowa, Kansas (2), Michigan (2), Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, New York, North Carolina, Ohio (2), Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, Virginia and Washington.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Yale.
Communities near Yale ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Yale.
- Saddle Rock 9
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saddle Rock 9
- Saddle Rock 9 lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the north of Yale
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Saddle Rock 9 came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saddle Rock 9
- Dogwood Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dogwood Valley
- Dogwood Valley lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the south of Yale
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Dogwood Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dogwood Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Choate
- Choate lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the south of Yale
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Choate. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Choate
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Spuzzum
- Spuzzum lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the north of Yale
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Spuzzum came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Spuzzum
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Spuzzum<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Haig
- Haig lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the south of Yale
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Haig came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Haig
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Laidlaw
- Laidlaw lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the southwest of Yale
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Laidlaw came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Laidlaw
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Laidlaw<5>
- Boston Bar
- North Bend
- Sunrise Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sunrise Valley
- Sunrise Valley lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<4> to the southeast of Yale
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sunrise Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sunrise Valley
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Yale ...
Looking for more information about Yale? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Yale, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Yale.
Adding Yale to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Yale was on a map titled Map of British Columbia (from Gulf Refining, 1925).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Yale on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for British Columbia
About British Columbia
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Yale. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of British Columbia: https://www.gov.bc.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Yale - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (778) is an overlay for area code (604).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Yale, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Yale). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Yale or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Yale) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Yale. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from YaleOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Yale. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.5631, Longitude: -121.4310 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<7>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|