Welcome to North Pine ...
A typical abbreviation for North Pine: N. Pine
North Pine is 2,340 feet [713 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the altitude of North Pine is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: North Pine lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Note: If you travel south from North Pine (for example, toward Fort Saint John), you will soon leave Mountain Time and cross into the Mountain Standard Time Zone (MST). In addition, you will be moving from an area that observes daylight saving time to one that does not.
Area codes for North Pine: (250) and (778)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for North Pine: V0C<3>
Communities Also Named North Pine ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named North Pine - it's located in Washington.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for North Pine.
Communities near North Pine ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near North Pine.
- Fort Saint John
- Doig River 206
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Doig River 206
- Doig River 206 lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the northeast of North Pine
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Doig River 206 came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Doig River 206
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Montney
- Montney lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the west of North Pine
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Montney
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Rose Prairie
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rose Prairie
- Rose Prairie lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the north of North Pine
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rose Prairie came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rose Prairie
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Murdale
- Murdale lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the northwest of North Pine
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Murdale came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Murdale
- Charlie Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Charlie Lake
- Charlie Lake lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the southwest of North Pine
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Charlie Lake
- Cecil Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cecil Lake
- Cecil Lake lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the southeast of North Pine
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cecil Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Clairmont
- Clairmont lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the south of North Pine
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clairmont
- Doig River
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Doig River
- Doig River lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the northeast of North Pine
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Doig River
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for North Pine ...
Looking for more information about North Pine? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to North Pine, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for North Pine.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in British Columbia
About British Columbia
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for North Pine. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of British Columbia: https://www.gov.bc.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around North Pine - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (778) is an overlay for area code (250).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of North Pine, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as North Pine). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether North Pine or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- North Pine) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for North Pine. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from North PineOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in North Pine. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 56.4333, Longitude: -120.7833 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|