Welcome to Kitchener ...
When the people of Kitchener refer to themselves (known as a demonym), they frequently use Kitchenerite<1>
Kitchener is 2,850 feet [869 m] above sea level.<2> In other words, the altitude of Kitchener is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Kitchener lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Note: If you travel south from Kitchener (for example, toward Moyie Springs (ID)), you will leave Mountain Time and cross into the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT).
Area codes for Kitchener: (250) & (778)<3>
The Canadian Postal Code for Kitchener: V0B<4>
Communities Also Named Kitchener ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 3 communities that are also named Kitchener - they are located in Mississippi, Ohio and Ontario.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Kitchener.
Communities near Kitchener ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Kitchener.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Canyon
- Canyon lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<5> to the southwest of Kitchener
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Canyon
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Erickson
- Erickson lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<5> to the southwest of Kitchener
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Erickson
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Goatfell
- Goatfell lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<5> to the east of Kitchener
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Goatfell
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lister
- Lister lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<5> to the southwest of Kitchener
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lister came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<7>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lister
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wynndel
- Wynndel lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<5> to the west of Kitchener
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Wynndel came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<7>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wynndel
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kingsgate
- Kingsgate lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<5> to the southeast of Kitchener
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Kingsgate came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<7>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kingsgate
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rykerts
- Rykerts lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<5> to the southwest of Kitchener
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rykerts came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<7>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rykerts
- Eastport [Boundary County]
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Kitchener. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Kitchener.
We have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Kitchener. See our Newspapers Page for Kitchener.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Kitchener ...
Looking for more information about Kitchener? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Kitchener, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Kitchener.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in British Columbia
About British Columbia
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Kitchener. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of British Columbia: https://www.gov.bc.ca/
|<1>||A demonym is the name for a resident of a community which is usually derived from (or is related to) the name of that community. In other words, it's how the residents of Kitchener refer to themselves. It's important to note that there aren't any rules for taking a community's name and turning it into a demonym. A demonym is informal and while the majority of Kitchener may use one name, keep in mind that others may use something different.|
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Kitchener - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||Area code (778) is an overlay for area code (250).|
|<4>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Kitchener, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Kitchener). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Kitchener or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Kitchener) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Kitchener. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Kitchener
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Kitchener. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.1500, Longitude: -116.3333
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<7>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|