Welcome to Grindrod ...
The origin (or the toponymy) of Grindrod: Named after Edmund Holden Grindrod, CPR telegraph inspector.
Grindrod is 1,180 feet [360 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Grindrod lies in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: PST- Heure Normale du Pacifique (HNP), PDT- Heure Avancée du Pacifique (HAP).
Telephone area codes for Grindrod: (250) and (778)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Grindrod: V0E<3>
Adding Grindrod to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Grindrod was on a map titled Map of British Columbia (from Gulf Refining, 1925).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Grindrod on our Genealogy Page.
Communities near Grindrod ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Grindrod.
- Salmon Arm
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Salmon Arm
- Salmon Arm lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the northwest of Grindrod
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Salmon Arm came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Salmon Arm
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Salmon Arm<6>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Blind Bay
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Blind Bay
- Blind Bay lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the northwest of Grindrod
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Blind Bay came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blind Bay
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Blind Bay<6>
- Salmon River 1
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Salmon River 1
- Salmon River 1 lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the southwest of Grindrod
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Salmon River 1 came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Salmon River 1
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mara
- Mara lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the northeast of Grindrod
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Mara came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mara
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Mara<6>
- Paradise Point
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Paradise Point
- Paradise Point lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the north of Grindrod
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Paradise Point
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sunnybrae
- Sunnybrae lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the northwest of Grindrod
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sunnybrae
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Grindrod ...
Looking for more information about Grindrod? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Grindrod, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Grindrod.
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of British Columbia
About British Columbia
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Grindrod. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of British Columbia: https://www.gov.bc.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Grindrod - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (778) is an overlay for area code (250).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Grindrod, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Grindrod). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Grindrod or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Grindrod) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Grindrod. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from GrindrodOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Grindrod. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.6333, Longitude: -119.1167 |
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|