Welcome to Salmon Arm ...
The city of Salmon Arm is 1,360 feet [415 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Salmon Arm lies in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: PST- Heure Normale du Pacifique (HNP), PDT- Heure Avancée du Pacifique (HAP).
Area codes for Salmon Arm: (250) & (778)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Salmon Arm: V1E<3>
While we don't have a date for the founding of Salmon Arm, you might get a feel for its founding by knowing that they incorporated May 15, 1905.
Communities near Salmon Arm ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Salmon Arm.
- Blind Bay
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Blind Bay
- Blind Bay lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the north of Salmon Arm.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Blind Bay came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blind Bay
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Blind Bay<5>
- Salmon River 1
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Salmon River 1
- Salmon River 1 lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the south of Salmon Arm.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Salmon River 1 came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Salmon River 1
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ranchero
- Ranchero lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the southeast of Salmon Arm.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Ranchero came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ranchero
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sunnybrae
- Sunnybrae lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the north of Salmon Arm.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sunnybrae
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tappen
- Tappen lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the north of Salmon Arm.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Tappen came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tappen
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Tappen<5>
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Salmon Arm ...
Looking for more information about Salmon Arm? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Salmon Arm, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Salmon Arm.
Adding Salmon Arm to Our Gazetteer ...
The earliest source we've referenced which mentioned Salmon Arm was mentioned on a train schedule titled Canadian Pacific Railroad Time Tables (October 1899).
We also found Salmon Arm on a map titled Gulf Oil Map of British Columbia (1925).
For more details, see References and Mentions for Salmon Arm.
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Salmon Arm. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of British Columbia: https://www.gov.bc.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Salmon Arm - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (778) is an overlay for area code (250).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Salmon Arm, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Salmon Arm). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Salmon Arm or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Salmon Arm) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Salmon Arm. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Salmon ArmOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Salmon Arm. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.7000, Longitude: -119.2833 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|