Our Genealogy Helper for Fisherville ...
So far, we have found very little information about Fisherville. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Fisherville to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Fisherville, please Contact Us.
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Fisherville (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Fisherville. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we like to start with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites either offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Fisherville:
- Websites specific to British Columbia
- Cemetery Information and Directories for British Columbia
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from British Columbia
Cemeteries Near Fisherville ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Fisherville.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Fisherville covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Ft. Steele Cemetery
- Cranbrook Catholic Cemetery
- Cranbrook General Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Cranbrook General Cemetery
- Cranbrook General Cemetery lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<3> to the southwest of Fisherville.
- Cranbrook General Cemetery has also been known as:
- Cranbrook Cemetery
- Cranbrook Old General Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cranbrook General Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2433636<2>
- Royal Canadian Legion Cemetery, Cranbrook
- Westlawn Cemetery
- Marysville Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- Kimberley Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Kimberley Cemetery
- Kimberley Cemetery lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<3> to the west of Fisherville.
- Kimberley Cemetery has also been known as:
- Kimberley City Cemetery
- Kimberley Municipal Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kimberley Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2207617<2>
- Kimberly Cemetery
- East Fernie Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the East Fernie Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the East Fernie Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<4>
- East Fernie Cemetery lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<3> to the southeast of Fisherville.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on East Fernie Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2516829<2>
- Fernie Cemetery
- St. Margaret's Cemetery
- Moyie Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Moyie Cemetery
- Moyie Cemetery lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<3> to the south of Fisherville.
- Moyie Cemetery has also been known as:
- Moyie Lake Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Moyie Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Fisherville. See our List of 1890's Communities around Fisherville.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in British Columbia
About British Columbia
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of British Columbia: https://www.gov.bc.ca/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Fisherville, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Fisherville) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Fisherville. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from FishervilleOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Fisherville. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.6557, Longitude: -115.5942 |
|<4>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|