Welcome to China Bar ...
Although we found mention of China Bar during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how China Bar was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added China Bar to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with China Bar, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that China Bar might be (or was) located is in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: PST- Heure Normale du Pacifique (HNP), PDT- Heure Avancée du Pacifique (HAP).
Communities near China Bar ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near China Bar.
- Saddle Rock 9
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saddle Rock 9
- Saddle Rock 9 lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the south of China Bar
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Saddle Rock 9 came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saddle Rock 9
- Boston Bar
- North Bend
- Canyon Alpine
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Canyon Alpine
- Canyon Alpine lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the north of China Bar
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Canyon Alpine
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Spuzzum
- Spuzzum lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the south of China Bar
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Spuzzum came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Spuzzum
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Spuzzum<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Keefers
- Keefers lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the north of China Bar
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Keefers came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Keefers
- Falls Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Falls Creek
- Falls Creek lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the north of China Bar
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Falls Creek came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Falls Creek
- Dogwood Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dogwood Valley
- Dogwood Valley lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> to the south of China Bar
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Dogwood Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dogwood Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Choate
- Choate lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> to the south of China Bar
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Choate. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Choate
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for China Bar ...
Looking for more information about China Bar? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to China Bar, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for China Bar.
Adding China Bar to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for China Bar was on a map titled Map of British Columbia (from Gulf Refining, 1925).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for China Bar on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in British Columbia
About British Columbia
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of British Columbia: https://www.gov.bc.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past China Bar and then turned east". While China Bar could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added China Bar as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that China Bar could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- China Bar) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in China Bar. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.8000, Longitude: -121.4500 |
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|