Welcome to Appledale ...
Although we found mention of Appledale during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> We believe that Appledale had a post office at one time. We have done a cursory search and haven't been able to find any evidence that the community still exists..
We've added Appledale to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Appledale, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Appledale might be (or was) located is in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: PST- Heure Normale du Pacifique (HNP), PDT- Heure Avancée du Pacifique (HAP).
Note: If you travel east from Appledale, you will leave Pacific Time and cross into the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT).
We believe that Appledale would be found within the (250) & (778)<2> area codes.
Communities Also Named Appledale ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 2 communities that are also named Appledale - they are located in Utah and Washington.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Appledale.
Communities near Appledale ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Appledale.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Taghum
- Taghum lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the west of Appledale
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Taghum
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beasley
- Beasley lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the west of Appledale
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beasley
- Atbara - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Atbara
- Atbara was located 9 miles [14.5 km]<3> to the northeast of Appledale
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Atbara. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<4>
- Kokanee - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kokanee
- Kokanee was located 10 miles [16.1 km]<3> to the northeast of Appledale
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Kokanee. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<4>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Playmor Junction
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Playmor Junction
- Playmor Junction lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<3> to the west of Appledale
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Playmor Junction
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Shoreacres
- Shoreacres lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<3> to the west of Appledale
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Shoreacres
- Crescent Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crescent Valley
- Crescent Valley lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<3> to the west of Appledale
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Crescent Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crescent Valley
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Crescent Valley<6>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Harrop
- Harrop lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<3> to the northeast of Appledale
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Harrop
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Longbeach
- Longbeach lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<3> to the northeast of Appledale
- Former names for Longbeach:
- Hallets Landing
- Thirteen (13) Mile
- Longbeach has also been known as:
- Thirteen (13) Mile
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Longbeach
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Glade
- Glade lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<3> to the southwest of Appledale
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Glade came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Glade
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Appledale ...
Looking for more information about Appledale? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Appledale, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Appledale.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a British Columbia Community
About British Columbia
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of British Columbia: https://www.gov.bc.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Appledale and then turned east". While Appledale could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Appledale as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Appledale could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (778) is an overlay for area code (250).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Appledale) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Appledale. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Appledale
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Appledale. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.4899, Longitude: -117.2838
|<4>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|