Around Vernon ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Show Low. It is located about 19 miles [30 km] to the west of Vernon. Show Low has a population of 11,600 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Snowflake.
It is located about 28 miles [ km] to the northwest of Vernon and has a population of 6,100 people.
The following is a sample of nearby communities: Keep in mind that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance starting from Vernon.<2>
- Concho [Apache County]
- Eagar [Apache County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Eagar
- Eagar [Apache County] lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the southeast of Vernon
- Population from the 2020 Census: 4,956 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Eagar
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Eagar<3>
- Greer [Apache County]
- Lakeside [Navajo County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lakeside
- Lakeside [Navajo County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the southwest of Vernon
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lakeside
- Linden [Navajo County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Linden
- Linden [Navajo County] lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the west of Vernon
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Linden
- McNary [Apache County]
- Continue List (9 more) ...
- Northwoods [Apache County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Northwoods
- Northwoods [Apache County] lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> to the southeast of Vernon
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Northwoods
- Pinetop-Lakeside [Navajo County]
- Pinetop [Navajo County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pinetop
- Pinetop [Navajo County] lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the southwest of Vernon
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Pinetop have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pinetop
- Saint Johns [Apache County]
- Show Low [Navajo County]
- Springerville [Apache County]
- Taylor [Navajo County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Taylor
- Taylor [Navajo County] lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> to the northwest of Vernon
- Population from the 2020 Census: 4,363 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Taylor
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Taylor<3>
- White Mountain Lake [Navajo County]
- White Mountain Lakes Estates [Navajo County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for White Mountain Lakes Estates
- White Mountain Lakes Estates [Navajo County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the west of Vernon
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for White Mountain Lakes Estates have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on White Mountain Lakes Estates
For more communities neighboring Vernon, please visit our County-by-County Page for Vernon.
Apache County ...
Vernon is located in Apache County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Apache County: Graham, Greenlee, Navajo, Montezuma (CO), Catron (NM), Cibola (NM), McKinley (NM), San Juan (NM) & San Juan (UT).
Curious and Interesting Names Near Vernon ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Vernon.
Airports Near Vernon ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Vernon and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Vernon.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Vernon ...
Looking for more information about Vernon? A good source is the TripAdvisor website and we always start with their TripAdvisor page for Vernon. Their page will give you an overview and then additional links that will help you to find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the TripAdvisor page for Vernon, there are neighboring communities that also have TripAdvisor pages. A list of those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Vernon.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Arizona:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Arizona
About Apache County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Vernon. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Apache County: www.co.apache.az.us/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Vernon.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Vernon) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Vernon. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from VernonOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Vernon. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 34.2551, Longitude: -109.6931 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Arizona's counties, including Apache, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Vernon), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|