Around Stoneman Lake ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Flagstaff. It is located about 29 miles [46 km] to the north of Stoneman Lake. Flagstaff has a population of 73,900 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Payson.
It is located about 38 miles [ km] to the south of Stoneman Lake and has a population of 15,900 people.
Below is a sample of nearby communities: Keep in mind that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance starting from Stoneman Lake.<2>
- Big Park [Yavapai County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Big Park
- Big Park [Yavapai County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the west of Stoneman Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Big Park have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Big Park
- Camp Verde [Yavapai County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Camp Verde
- Camp Verde [Yavapai County] lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> to the southwest of Stoneman Lake
- Population from the 2020 Census: 11,259 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Camp Verde
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Camp Verde<4>
- Clints Well [Coconino County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Clints Well
- Clints Well [Coconino County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the southeast of Stoneman Lake
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clints Well
- Cornville [Yavapai County]
- Happy Jack [Coconino County]
- Lake Montezuma [Yavapai County]
- Continue List (9 more) ...
- McGuireville [Yavapai County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for McGuireville
- McGuireville [Yavapai County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the southwest of Stoneman Lake
- Jump to Google Maps centered on McGuireville
- Mormon Lake [Coconino County]
- Mountainaire [Coconino County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mountainaire
- Mountainaire [Coconino County] lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> to the northwest of Stoneman Lake
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mountainaire
- Munds Park [Coconino County]
- Oak Creek [Yavapai County]
- Rimrock [Yavapai County]
- Rockledge [Coconino County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rockledge
- Rockledge [Coconino County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the north of Stoneman Lake
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rockledge
- Sedona [Yavapai County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sedona
- Sedona [Yavapai County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the northwest of Stoneman Lake
- Population from the 2020 Census: 10,328 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sedona
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Sedona<4>
- West Sedona [Yavapai County]
For more communities neighboring Stoneman Lake, please visit our County-by-County Page for Stoneman Lake.
Coconino County ...
Stoneman Lake is located in Coconino County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Coconino County: Gila, Mohave, Navajo, Yavapai, Kane (UT) & San Juan (UT).
Curious and Interesting Names Near Stoneman Lake ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Stoneman Lake.
Airports Near Stoneman Lake ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Stoneman Lake and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Stoneman Lake.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Arizona:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Arizona
About Coconino County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Stoneman Lake. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Coconino County: www.co.coconino.az.us/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Stoneman Lake.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Stoneman Lake) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Stoneman Lake. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Stoneman LakeOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Stoneman Lake. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 34.7815, Longitude: -111.5127 |
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Arizona's counties, including Coconino, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Stoneman Lake), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|