Welcome to Silverbell ...
So far, we have found very little information about Silverbell. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Silverbell to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Silverbell, please Contact Us.
Silverbell would have been located within present day Pima County<2>.
The location of Silverbell has been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (ie- the GNIS).<3>
While the community is gone, the present day location for Silverbell is 2,600 feet [792 m] above sea level.<4> In other words, the elevation of Silverbell is ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: The area where Silverbell was located is in the Mountain Standard Time Zone (MST) and does not observe daylight saving time
Silverbell would have been located in the (520) area code.
Communities near Silverbell ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Silverbell.
- Marana [Pima County]
- Sasco [Pinal County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sasco
- Sasco [Pinal County] was located 10 miles [16.1 km]<5> to the northeast of Silverbell
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Sasco. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
- Avra Valley [Pima County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Avra Valley
- Avra Valley [Pima County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<5> to the east of Silverbell
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Avra Valley have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Avra Valley
- Nelson [Pima County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nelson
- Nelson [Pima County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<5> to the east of Silverbell
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nelson
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Red Rock [Pinal County]
- Picture Rocks [Pima County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Picture Rocks
- Picture Rocks [Pima County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<5> to the east of Silverbell
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Picture Rocks have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Picture Rocks
- Picacho [Pinal County]
- Eloy [Pinal County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Eloy
- Eloy [Pinal County] lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<5> to the north of Silverbell
- Estimated population in 2019: 19,625 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Eloy
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Eloy<6>
- Rillito [Pima County]
- Schuchk [Pima County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Schuchk
- Schuchk [Pima County] lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<5> to the south of Silverbell
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Schuchk
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Silverbell. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Silverbell.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Silverbell. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Silverbell.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Silverbell. See our Newspapers Page for Silverbell.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Arizona
About Pima County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Pima County: www.co.pima.az.us/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Silverbell, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Arizona's counties, including Pima, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Silverbell - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Silverbell) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Silverbell. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 32.4306, Longitude: -111.5382 In this case, the coordinates for Silverbell have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<7>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|