Around One Mile ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Page. It is located about 33 miles [53 km] to the east of One Mile. Page has a population of 7,500 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Kanab (UT).
It is located about 30 miles [ km] to the northwest of One Mile and has a population of 4,900 people.
Below is a sample of nearby communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance from One Mile.<2>
- Bitter Springs [Coconino County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bitter Springs
- Bitter Springs [Coconino County] lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the southeast of One Mile
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bitter Springs
- Fredonia [Coconino County]
- Jacob Lake [Coconino County]
- Lee's Ferry [Coconino County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lee's Ferry
- Lee's Ferry [Coconino County] lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the east of One Mile
- Lee's Ferry has also been known as:
- Little Colorado Station
- Saint's Ferry
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lee's Ferry
- Mangum Springs [Coconino County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mangum Springs
- Mangum Springs [Coconino County] lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> to the southwest of One Mile
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mangum Springs
- Marble Canyon [Coconino County]
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Page [Coconino County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Page
- Page [Coconino County] lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<2> to the east of One Mile
- Estimated population in 2019: 7,529 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Page
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Page<3>
- Big Water [Kane County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Big Water
- Big Water [Kane County] lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> to the northeast of One Mile
- Estimated population in 2019: 511 people
- Former name for Big Water:
- Glen Canyon City
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Big Water
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Big Water<3>
- Kanab [Kane County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kanab
- Kanab [Kane County] lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> to the northwest of One Mile
- Estimated population in 2019: 4,931 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kanab
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Kanab<3>
For more communities neighboring One Mile, please visit our County-by-County Page for One Mile.
Coconino County ...
One Mile is located in Coconino County<4>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Coconino County: Gila, Mohave, Navajo, Yavapai, Kane (UT) & San Juan (UT).
Curious and Interesting Names Near One Mile ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for One Mile.
Airports Near One Mile ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<5> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to One Mile and that information can be found on the Airports Page for One Mile.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Arizona:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Arizona
About Coconino County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for One Mile. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Coconino County: www.co.coconino.az.us/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for One Mile.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- One Mile) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in One Mile. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 36.8050, Longitude: -112.0543 In this case, the coordinates for One Mile have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If you're interested in how the shape of Arizona's counties, including Coconino, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<5>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to One Mile), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|