Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in Navajo Mountain Mission, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Navajo Mountain Mission and the surrounding area.
- Weather ...
- Before heading outdoors, you should check the weather:
- The National Weather Service forecast for Navajo Mountain Mission
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Navajo Mountain Mission:
- 36.934720, -110.776248
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Navajo Mountain Mission
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Curious and Interesting Names Near Navajo Mountain Mission ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Bullfrog [Kane County]
- Halls Crossing [San Juan County]
- Navajo Mountain [San Juan County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Navajo Mountain
- Navajo Mountain [San Juan County] lies 5 miles [8 km]<1> to the north of Navajo Mountain Mission
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Navajo Mountain
- Page [Coconino County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Page
- Page [Coconino County] lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<1> to the west of Navajo Mountain Mission
- Estimated population in 2019: 7,529 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Page
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Page<2>
- Rainbow City [San Juan County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rainbow City
- Rainbow City [San Juan County] lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<1> to the north of Navajo Mountain Mission
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rainbow City have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rainbow City
How Far From Navajo Mountain Mission to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Navajo Mountain Mission to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Navajo Mountain Mission and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Flagstaff, which is the Seat of Coconino County and lies 129 miles [207.6 km]<1> to the south southwest. If you could drive a straight line from Navajo Mountain Mission to Flagstaff, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 8 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 5 days.
- Phoenix, which is the State Capital of Arizona, lies 251 miles [403.9 km] to the south southwest (SSW). Driving would take nearly four hours, a buggy would take 10 days and walking would take 15 days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 1,832 miles [2,948.3 km] to the east northeast (ENE). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 72 days and walking would take 104 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 7,201 miles [11,588.9 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,967 miles [12,821.6 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,916 miles [9,520.9 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Arizona
About Coconino County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Navajo Mountain Mission. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Coconino County: www.co.coconino.az.us/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Navajo Mountain Mission) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Navajo Mountain Mission. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 36.9347, Longitude: -110.7762 In this case, the coordinates for Navajo Mountain Mission have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Navajo Mountain Mission to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 330.632 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 329.614 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 321.365 degrees.||