Around Munds Park ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Flagstaff. It is located about 17 miles [27 km] to the north of Munds Park. Flagstaff has a population of 75,000 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Cottonwood.
It is located about 25 miles [ km] to the southwest of Munds Park and has a population of 12,300 people.
The following is a sample of nearby communities: Keep in mind that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance .<2>
- Bellemont [Coconino County]
- Big Park [Yavapai County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Big Park
- Big Park [Yavapai County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the southwest of Munds Park
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Big Park have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Big Park
- Cornville [Yavapai County]
- Flagstaff [Coconino County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Flagstaff
- Flagstaff [Coconino County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the north of Munds Park
- Estimated population in 2019: 75,038 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Flagstaff
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Flagstaff<3>
- Happy Jack [Coconino County]
- Kachina Village [Coconino County]
- Continue List (9 more) ...
- Lake Montezuma [Yavapai County]
- Mormon Lake [Coconino County]
- Mountainaire [Coconino County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mountainaire
- Mountainaire [Coconino County] lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the north of Munds Park
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mountainaire
- Oak Creek [Yavapai County]
- Rimrock [Yavapai County]
- Rockledge [Coconino County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rockledge
- Rockledge [Coconino County] lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the east of Munds Park
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rockledge
- Sedona [Yavapai County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sedona
- Sedona [Yavapai County] lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the southwest of Munds Park
- Estimated population in 2019: 10,339 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sedona
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Sedona<3>
- Stoneman Lake [Coconino County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Stoneman Lake
- Stoneman Lake [Coconino County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the southeast of Munds Park
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Stoneman Lake
- West Sedona [Yavapai County]
For more communities neighboring Munds Park, please visit our County-by-County Page for Munds Park.
Coconino County ...
Munds Park is located in Coconino County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Coconino County: Gila, Mohave, Navajo, Yavapai, Kane (UT) & San Juan (UT).
Curious and Interesting Names Near Munds Park ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Munds Park.
Airports Near Munds Park ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Munds Park and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Munds Park.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Munds Park ...
Looking for more information about Munds Park? A good source is the TripAdvisor website and we always start with their TripAdvisor page for Munds Park. Their page will give you an overview and then additional links that will help you to find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the TripAdvisor page for Munds Park, there are neighboring communities that also have TripAdvisor pages. A list of those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Munds Park.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Arizona:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Arizona
About Coconino County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Munds Park. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Coconino County: www.co.coconino.az.us/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Munds Park.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Munds Park) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Munds Park. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Munds Park
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Munds Park. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 34.9455, Longitude: -111.6401
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Arizona's counties, including Coconino, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Munds Park), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|