Around Morgantown ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Blythe (CA). It lies just west of Morgantown. Blythe (CA) has a population of 19,700 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Quartzsite.
It is located about 13 miles [ km] to the east of Morgantown and has a population of 3,800 people.
The following is a sample of nearby communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance from Morgantown.<2>
- Bouse [La Paz County]
- Brenda [La Paz County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brenda
- Brenda [La Paz County] lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> to the east of Morgantown
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brenda
- Cibola [La Paz County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cibola
- Cibola [La Paz County] lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> to the southwest of Morgantown
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cibola have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cibola
- Ehrenberg [La Paz County]
- La Paz Valley [La Paz County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for La Paz Valley
- La Paz Valley [La Paz County] lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the east of Morgantown
- Jump to Google Maps centered on La Paz Valley
- Parker [La Paz County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Parker
- Parker [La Paz County] lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<2> to the north of Morgantown
- Estimated population in 2019: 3,207 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Parker
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Parker<3>
- Continue List (8 more) ...
- Poston [La Paz County]
- Quartzsite [La Paz County]
- Big River [San Bernardino County]
- Blythe [Riverside County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Blythe
- Blythe [Riverside County] lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the west of Morgantown
- Estimated population in 2019: 19,682 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blythe
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Blythe<3>
- Earp [San Bernardino County]
- East Blythe [Riverside County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for East Blythe
- East Blythe [Riverside County] lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the west of Morgantown
- Jump to Google Maps centered on East Blythe
- Mesa Verde [Riverside County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mesa Verde
- Mesa Verde [Riverside County] lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the west of Morgantown
- Former name for Mesa Verde:
- Nicholls Warm Springs
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mesa Verde
- Palo Verde [Imperial County]
For more communities neighboring Morgantown, please visit our County-by-County Page for Morgantown.
La Paz County ...
Morgantown is located in La Paz County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of La Paz County: Maricopa, Mohave, Yavapai, Yuma, Imperial (CA), Riverside (CA) & San Bernardino (CA).
Curious and Interesting Names Near Morgantown ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Morgantown.
Airports Near Morgantown ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Morgantown and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Morgantown.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Arizona:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Arizona
About La Paz County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Morgantown. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for La Paz County: www.co.la-paz.az.us/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Morgantown.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Morgantown) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Morgantown. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Morgantown
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Morgantown. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 33.6233, Longitude: -114.4381
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Arizona's counties, including La Paz, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Morgantown), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|