Around Moqui ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Winslow. It lies just east of Moqui. Winslow has a population of 9,300 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Holbrook.
It is located about 38 miles [ km] to the east of Moqui and has a population of 5,100 people.
Below is a sample of neighboring communities: Keep in mind that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance from Moqui.<2>
- Happy Jack [Coconino County]
- Holbrook [Navajo County]
- Joseph City [Navajo County]
- Lechee [Coconino County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lechee
- Lechee [Coconino County] lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the southeast of Moqui
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lechee have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lechee
- Leupp [Coconino County]
- Meteor City [Coconino County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Meteor City
- Meteor City [Coconino County] lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the west of Moqui
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Meteor City have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Meteor City
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Mormon Lake [Coconino County]
- Tolani Lake [Coconino County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tolani Lake
- Tolani Lake [Coconino County] lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the north of Moqui
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tolani Lake
- Winslow West [Coconino County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Winslow West
- Winslow West [Coconino County] lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the southeast of Moqui
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Winslow West have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Winslow West
- Winslow [Navajo County]
For more communities neighboring Moqui, please visit our County-by-County Page for Moqui.
Coconino County ...
Moqui is located in Coconino County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Coconino County: Gila, Mohave, Navajo, Yavapai, Kane (UT) & San Juan (UT).
Curious and Interesting Names Near Moqui ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Moqui.
Airports Near Moqui ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Moqui and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Moqui.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Arizona:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Arizona
About Coconino County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Moqui. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Coconino County: www.co.coconino.az.us/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Moqui.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Moqui) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Moqui. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 35.0606, Longitude: -110.8160 In this case, the coordinates for Moqui have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Arizona's counties, including Coconino, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Moqui), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|