Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in LeChee Chapter, we use the following websites to find information relevant to LeChee Chapter and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for LeChee Chapter:
- 36.865410, -111.447030
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on LeChee Chapter
- Bird Watching ...
- We enjoy finding new spots for bird watching and we use the eBird website for local sighting reports and to help identify hotspots.
- The eBird website is organized on a county-by-county basis. We have selected Coconino County as the starting point when you click on the link below:
- eBird sighting report for Coconino County
- Since LeChee Chapter is near Kane County, we have provided a link to its eBird sighting report:
- eBird sighting report for Kane County
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Curious and Interesting Names Near LeChee Chapter ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Big Water [Kane County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Big Water
- Big Water [Kane County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the northwest of LeChee Chapter
- Estimated population in 2019: 511 people
- Former name for Big Water:
- Glen Canyon City
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Big Water
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Big Water<2>
- Bitter Springs [Coconino County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bitter Springs
- Bitter Springs [Coconino County] lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<1> to the southwest of LeChee Chapter
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bitter Springs
- Chair Crossing [Coconino County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chair Crossing
- Chair Crossing [Coconino County] lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<1> to the west of LeChee Chapter
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Chair Crossing have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chair Crossing
- Lee's Ferry [Coconino County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lee's Ferry
- Lee's Ferry [Coconino County] lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<1> to the west of LeChee Chapter
- Lee's Ferry has also been known as:
- Little Colorado Station
- Saint's Ferry
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lee's Ferry
- Marble Canyon [Coconino County]
- Page [Coconino County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Page
- Page [Coconino County] lies 3 miles [4.8 km]<1> to the north of LeChee Chapter
- Estimated population in 2019: 7,529 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Page
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Page<2>
How Far From LeChee Chapter to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as LeChee Chapter to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in LeChee Chapter and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Flagstaff, which is the Seat of Coconino County and lies 115 miles [185.1 km]<1> to the south. If you could drive a straight line from LeChee Chapter to Flagstaff, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take about two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 7 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 5 days.
- Phoenix, which is the State Capital of Arizona, lies 238 miles [383 km] to the south (S). Driving would take nearly four hours, a buggy would take 10 days and walking would take 14 days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 1,869 miles [3,007.9 km] to the east northeast (ENE). Driving would take three full days, a buggy would take 73 days and walking would take 107 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 7,223 miles [11,624.3 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,990 miles [12,858.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,943 miles [9,564.3 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Arizona
About Coconino County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for LeChee Chapter. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Coconino County: www.co.coconino.az.us/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- LeChee Chapter) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in LeChee Chapter. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 36.8654, Longitude: -111.4470 In this case, the coordinates for LeChee Chapter have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from LeChee Chapter to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 331.147 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 330.222 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 321.741 degrees.||