Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in La Paz Valley, we use the following websites to find information relevant to La Paz Valley and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for La Paz Valley:
- 33.577836, -114.243062
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on La Paz Valley
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Curious and Interesting Names Near La Paz Valley ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Big River [San Bernardino County]
- Bush Pit [La Paz County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bush Pit
- Bush Pit [La Paz County] lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<1> to the northeast of La Paz Valley
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bush Pit have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bush Pit
- Desert Wells [La Paz County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Desert Wells
- Desert Wells [La Paz County] lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<1> to the east of La Paz Valley
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Desert Wells have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Desert Wells
- Pioneer [La Paz County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pioneer
- Pioneer [La Paz County] lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the east of La Paz Valley
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Pioneer have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pioneer
- Quartzsite [La Paz County]
How Far From La Paz Valley to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as La Paz Valley to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in La Paz Valley and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Parker, which is the Seat of La Paz County and lies 39 miles [62.8 km]<1> to the north. If you could walk a straight line from La Paz Valley to Parker, with an average speed<4> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take over two days to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take just about two full days.
- Phoenix, which is the State Capital of Arizona, lies 125 miles [201.2 km] to the east (E). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take about two hours, a buggy would take 5 days and walking would take 8 days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 2,089 miles [3,361.9 km] to the east northeast (ENE). Driving would take 5 days, a buggy would take 82 days and walking would take 119 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 7,498 miles [12,066.9 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 8,265 miles [13,301.2 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 6,219 miles [10,008.5 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Arizona
About La Paz County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for La Paz Valley. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for La Paz County: www.co.la-paz.az.us/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- La Paz Valley) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for La Paz Valley. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from La Paz Valley
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in La Paz Valley. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 33.5778, Longitude: -114.2431
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from La Paz Valley to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 332.903 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 332.053 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 323.361 degrees.||