Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in Kaibito, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Kaibito and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Kaibito:
- 36.584688, -111.092971
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Kaibito
- Bird Watching ...
- We enjoy finding new spots for bird watching and we use the eBird website for local sighting reports and to help identify hotspots.
- The eBird website is organized on a county-by-county basis. We have selected Coconino County as the starting point when you click on the link below:
- eBird sighting report for Coconino County
- Since Kaibito is near Navajo County, we have provided a link to its eBird sighting report:
- eBird sighting report for Navajo County
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Curious and Interesting Names Near Kaibito ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Cow Springs [Coconino County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cow Springs
- Cow Springs [Coconino County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the southeast of Kaibito
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cow Springs have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cow Springs
- LeChee Chapter [Coconino County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for LeChee Chapter
- LeChee Chapter [Coconino County] lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the northwest of Kaibito
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for LeChee Chapter have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on LeChee Chapter
- Marble Canyon [Coconino County]
- Navajo Mountain Mission [Coconino County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Navajo Mountain Mission
- Navajo Mountain Mission [Coconino County] lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<1> to the northeast of Kaibito
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Navajo Mountain Mission have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Navajo Mountain Mission
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Page [Coconino County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Page
- Page [Coconino County] lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<1> to the northwest of Kaibito
- Estimated population in 2019: 7,529 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Page
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Page<3>
- Rare Metals [Coconino County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rare Metals
- Rare Metals [Coconino County] lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<1> to the south of Kaibito
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rare Metals have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rare Metals
- Red Lake [Coconino County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Red Lake
- Red Lake [Coconino County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the southeast of Kaibito
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Red Lake have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Red Lake
- Tuba City [Coconino County]
How Far From Kaibito to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Kaibito to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Kaibito and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Flagstaff, which is the Seat of Coconino County and lies 100 miles [160.9 km]<1> to the south southwest. If you could drive a straight line from Kaibito to Flagstaff, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 6 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take three full days.
- Phoenix, which is the State Capital of Arizona, lies 223 miles [358.9 km] to the south southwest (SSW). Driving would take nearly four hours, a buggy would take 9 days and walking would take 13 days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 1,855 miles [2,985.3 km] to the east northeast (ENE). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 73 days and walking would take 106 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 7,231 miles [11,637.2 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,997 miles [12,869.9 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,946 miles [9,569.2 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Arizona
About Coconino County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Kaibito. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Coconino County: www.co.coconino.az.us/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Kaibito) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Kaibito. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Kaibito
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Kaibito. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 36.5847, Longitude: -111.0930
|<2>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Kaibito to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 330.835 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 329.824 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 321.556 degrees.||