Census Data for Joseph City ...
As far as we can tell, Joseph City has not been included in past Census counts, so there is no population information for this community.
While we don't have census information for Joseph City, you might be interested in some nearby communities where we do:
- Holbrook [Navajo County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Holbrook
- Holbrook [Navajo County] lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<1> to the east of Joseph City
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 5,084 people. This represents a 0.61% increase since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 5,053 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Holbrook
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Holbrook<2>
- Winslow [Navajo County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Winslow
- Winslow [Navajo County] lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the west of Joseph City
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 9,338 people. This represents a 3.28% decrease since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 9,655 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Winslow
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Winslow<2>
- Snowflake [Navajo County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Snowflake
- Snowflake [Navajo County] lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<1> to the southeast of Joseph City
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 5,995 people. This represents a 7.25% increase since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 5,590 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Snowflake
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Snowflake<2>
- Taylor [Navajo County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Taylor
- Taylor [Navajo County] lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<1> to the south of Joseph City
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 4,321 people. This represents a 5.08% increase since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 4,112 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Taylor
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Taylor<2>
Navajo County ...
Joseph City is located in Navajo County<3>.
For more information, please visit our Census Page for Navajo County.
Miscellaneous Information for Joseph City ...
The Federal government has assigned various identifying codes to each community, county and state. At one time or another, the US Census Bureau has used one (or more) of the following identifiers when referring to either Navajo County or the community of Joseph City:
- The GNIS Codes ...
- The current system of identification is called the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). The following GNIS codes relate to Joseph City:
- GNIS ID for Joseph City: 6512
- GNIS ID for Navajo County: 42808
- GNIS ID for State of Arizona: 1779777
- Misc. Census Codes ...
- Joseph City is located in Census Region #4 (the West Region) and Division #8 (the Mountain Division).
- The US Postal Service ZIP Code ...
- While some people have used a ZIP code to identify a community, the purpose of the ZIP code was to make mail delivery more efficient by grouping addresses together. Although the ZIP Code doesn't specifically identify a community like Joseph City, it does identify addresses that are in (or near) Joseph City. It's important to remember that the boundaries of a ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned or overlapped with other ZIP Codes.
- The ZIP code for Joseph City:86032<4>
- Census ZCTA Codes ...
- The US Census Bureau created statistical entities that they call ZIP Code Tabulation Areas (ZCTAs) and these ZCTAs are frequently confused with the ZIP codes that come from the US Postal Service (USPS).
- ZCTAs were first created for the 2000 Census and at that time, they were based upon the USPS ZIP codes. While largely covering the same areas, the boundaries of a ZCTA do not necessarily match the boundaries of a postal ZIP code with the same number. For example, while a postal ZIP code can cross a county or state line, a Census ZCTA can not. They should be treated as separate entities with no correlation between them.
For more information about the various Federal identification codes, please visit our Misc Page for Joseph City.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Arizona
About Navajo County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Joseph City. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Navajo County: www.co.navajo.az.us/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
The official website of the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN)
The official website of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Joseph City) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Joseph City. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Joseph City
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Joseph City. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 34.9573, Longitude: -110.3297
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||If you're interested in how the shape of Arizona's counties, including Navajo, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<4>||When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Joseph City or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|