Census Data for Indian Wells ...
As far as we can tell, Indian Wells has not been included in past Census counts, so there is no population information for this community.
While we don't have census information for Indian Wells, you might be interested in some nearby communities where we do:
- Holbrook [Navajo County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Holbrook
- Holbrook [Navajo County] lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<1> to the south of Indian Wells
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 5,084 people. This represents a 0.61% increase since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 5,053 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Holbrook
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Holbrook<2>
Navajo County ...
Indian Wells is located in Navajo County<3>.
For more information, please visit our Census Page for Navajo County.
Miscellaneous Information for Indian Wells ...
The Federal government has assigned various identifying codes to each community, county and state. At one time or another, the US Census Bureau has used one (or more) of the following identifiers when referring to either Navajo County or the community of Indian Wells:
- The GNIS Codes ...
- The current system of identification is called the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). The following GNIS codes relate to Indian Wells:
- GNIS ID for Indian Wells: 24470
- GNIS ID for Navajo County: 42808
- GNIS ID for State of Arizona: 1779777
- Misc. Census Codes ...
- Indian Wells is located in Census Region #4 (the West Region) and Division #8 (the Mountain Division).
- The US Postal Service ZIP Code ...
- While some people have used a ZIP code to identify a community, the purpose of the ZIP code was to make mail delivery more efficient by grouping addresses together. Although the ZIP Code doesn't specifically identify a community like Indian Wells, it does identify addresses that are in (or near) Indian Wells. It's important to remember that the boundaries of a ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned or overlapped with other ZIP Codes.
- The ZIP code for Indian Wells:86031<4>
- Census ZCTA Codes ...
- The US Census Bureau created statistical entities that they call ZIP Code Tabulation Areas (ZCTAs) and these ZCTAs are frequently confused with the ZIP codes that come from the US Postal Service (USPS).
- ZCTAs were first created for the 2000 Census and at that time, they were based upon the USPS ZIP codes. While largely covering the same areas, the boundaries of a ZCTA do not necessarily match the boundaries of a postal ZIP code with the same number. For example, while a postal ZIP code can cross a county or state line, a Census ZCTA can not. They should be treated as separate entities with no correlation between them.
For more information about the various Federal identification codes, please visit our Misc Page for Indian Wells.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Arizona
About Navajo County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Indian Wells. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Navajo County: www.co.navajo.az.us/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
The official website of the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN)
The official website of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Indian Wells) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Indian Wells. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Indian Wells
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Indian Wells. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 35.4050, Longitude: -110.0818
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||If you're interested in how the shape of Arizona's counties, including Navajo, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<4>||When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Indian Wells or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|