When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Indian Wells.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Indian Wells. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Indian Wells.
Large Airports ...
- Phoenix Sky Hbr. Intl. (PHX/KPHX)
- Albuquerque Intl. (ABQ/KABQ)
- Tucson Intl. (TUS/KTUS)
- McCarran Intl. (LAS/KLAS)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Gallup Muni. (GUP/KGUP)
- Show Low Rgnl. (SOW/KSOW)
- Flagstaff Pulliam Airport (ICAO: KFLG)
- Sedona Airport (ICAO: KSEZ)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Holbrook Muni. (FAA ID: P14)
- Holbrook Municipal Airport lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<2> miles to the south of Indian Wells.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Holbrook Municipal Airport
- Polacca Airport (FAA ID: P10)
- Polacca Airport lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Indian Wells.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Polacca Airport
- Ganado Airport (FAA ID: 85V)
- Ganado Airport lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Indian Wells.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ganado Airport
- Winslow - Lindbergh Rgnl. (INW/KINW)
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Winslow Muni.
- Winslow Municipal Airport lies 44 miles [70.8 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Indian Wells.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Winslow Municipal Airport
- Chinle Muni. (FAA ID: E91)
- Chinle Municipal Airport lies 56 miles [90.1 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Indian Wells.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chinle Municipal Airport
- Snowflake Muni.
- Snowflake Municipal Airport lies 59 miles [95 km]<2> miles to the south of Indian Wells.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Snowflake Municipal Airport
- Window Rock Airport (ICAO: KRQE)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Arizona
About Navajo County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Indian Wells. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Navajo County: www.co.navajo.az.us/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Indian Wells), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Indian Wells) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Indian Wells. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Indian Wells
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Indian Wells. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 35.4050, Longitude: -110.0818