When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Greer.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Greer. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Greer.
Large Airports ...
- Phoenix Sky Hbr. Intl. (PHX/KPHX)
- Tucson Intl. (TUS/KTUS)
- Albuquerque Intl. (ABQ/KABQ)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Show Low Rgnl. (SOW/KSOW)
- Gallup Muni. (GUP/KGUP)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Springerville Muni. (FAA ID: D68)
- Springerville Municipal Airport lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Greer.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Springerville Municipal Airport
- Whiteriver Airport (FAA ID: E24)
- Whiteriver Airport lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<2> miles to the west southwest of Greer.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Whiteriver Airport
- St. John's Industrial Air Park (ICAO: KSJN)
- Reserve Airport (FAA ID: T16)
- Reserve Airport lies 41 miles [66 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Greer.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Reserve Airport
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Taylor Airport (FAA ID: TYL)
- Taylor Airport lies 48 miles [77.2 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Greer.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Taylor Airport
- Snowflake Muni.
- Snowflake Municipal Airport lies 52 miles [83.7 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Greer.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Snowflake Municipal Airport
- Glenwood - Catron Co. Airport (FAA ID: E94)
- Glenwood - Catron County Airport lies 56 miles [90.1 km]<2> miles to the southeast of Greer.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Glenwood - Catron County Airport
- Cibecue Airport (FAA ID: Z95)
- Cibecue Airport lies 56 miles [90.1 km]<2> miles to the west of Greer.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cibecue Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Arizona
About Apache County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Greer. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Apache County: www.co.apache.az.us/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Greer), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Greer) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Greer. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Greer
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Greer. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 34.0085, Longitude: -109.4584