Census Data for Gray Mountain ...
As far as we can tell, Gray Mountain has not been included in past Census counts, so there is no population information for this community.
While we don't have census information for Gray Mountain, you might be interested in some nearby communities where we do:
- Flagstaff [Coconino County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Flagstaff
- Flagstaff [Coconino County] lies 39 miles [62.8 km]<1> to the south of Gray Mountain
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 75,038 people. This represents a 13.92% increase since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 65,870 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Flagstaff
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Flagstaff<2>
Coconino County ...
Gray Mountain is located in Coconino County<3>.
For more information, please visit our Census Page for Coconino County.
Miscellaneous Information for Gray Mountain ...
The Federal government has assigned various identifying codes to each community, county and state. At one time or another, the US Census Bureau has used one (or more) of the following identifiers when referring to either Coconino County or the community of Gray Mountain:
- The GNIS Codes ...
- The current system of identification is called the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). The following GNIS codes relate to Gray Mountain:
- GNIS ID for Gray Mountain: 5319
- GNIS ID for Coconino County: 25443
- GNIS ID for State of Arizona: 1779777
- Misc. Census Codes ...
- Gray Mountain is located in Census Region #4 (the West Region) and Division #8 (the Mountain Division).
- The US Postal Service ZIP Code ...
- While some people have used a ZIP code to identify a community, the purpose of the ZIP code was to make mail delivery more efficient by grouping addresses together. Although the ZIP Code doesn't specifically identify a community like Gray Mountain, it does identify addresses that are in (or near) Gray Mountain. It's important to remember that the boundaries of a ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned or overlapped with other ZIP Codes.
- The ZIP code for Gray Mountain:86016<4>
- Census ZCTA Codes ...
- The US Census Bureau created statistical entities that they call ZIP Code Tabulation Areas (ZCTAs) and these ZCTAs are frequently confused with the ZIP codes that come from the US Postal Service (USPS).
- ZCTAs were first created for the 2000 Census and at that time, they were based upon the USPS ZIP codes. While largely covering the same areas, the boundaries of a ZCTA do not necessarily match the boundaries of a postal ZIP code with the same number. For example, while a postal ZIP code can cross a county or state line, a Census ZCTA can not. They should be treated as separate entities with no correlation between them.
For more information about the various Federal identification codes, please visit our Misc Page for Gray Mountain.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Arizona
About Coconino County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Gray Mountain. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Coconino County: www.co.coconino.az.us/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
The official website of the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN)
The official website of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Gray Mountain) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Gray Mountain. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Gray Mountain
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Gray Mountain. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 35.7453, Longitude: -111.4738
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||If you're interested in how the shape of Arizona's counties, including Coconino, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<4>||When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Gray Mountain or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|