Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in Frazier Wells, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Frazier Wells and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Frazier Wells:
- 35.782488, -113.072145
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Frazier Wells
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Communities Also Named Frazier Wells ...
We have found one communities that share the name Frazier Wells.
Within Arizona, the name Frazier Wells is unique.
Beyond Arizona, there is another community also named Frazier Wells in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Nye County
- This community is historic<1> and we have very little information. For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Nevada community of Frazier Wells [Nye County].
Curious and Interesting Names Near Frazier Wells ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Grand Canyon Caverns [Coconino County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Grand Canyon Caverns
- Grand Canyon Caverns [Coconino County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the southwest of Frazier Wells
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Grand Canyon Caverns
- Nelson [Yavapai County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nelson
- Nelson [Yavapai County] lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> to the southwest of Frazier Wells
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Nelson have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nelson
- Peach Springs [Mohave County]
- Robbers Roost [Coconino County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Robbers Roost
- Robbers Roost [Coconino County] lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the southwest of Frazier Wells
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Robbers Roost have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Robbers Roost
- Rose Well Camp [Coconino County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rose Well Camp
- Rose Well Camp [Coconino County] lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the east of Frazier Wells
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rose Well Camp have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rose Well Camp
- Tin House [Coconino County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tin House
- Tin House [Coconino County] lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> to the east of Frazier Wells
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Tin House have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tin House
How Far From Frazier Wells to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Frazier Wells to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Frazier Wells and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Flagstaff, which is the Seat of Coconino County and lies 89 miles [143.2 km]<2> to the east southeast. If you could drive a straight line from Frazier Wells to Flagstaff, with an average speed<5>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 5 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take most of three days.
- Phoenix, which is the State Capital of Arizona, lies 170 miles [273.6 km] to the south southeast (SSE). Driving would take about three hours, a buggy would take 7 days and walking would take 10 days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 1,977 miles [3,181.7 km] to the east northeast (ENE). Driving would take three full days, a buggy would take 78 days and walking would take 113 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 7,332 miles [11,799.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 8,099 miles [13,034.1 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 6,057 miles [9,747.8 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Arizona
About Coconino County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Frazier Wells. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Coconino County: www.co.coconino.az.us/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Frazier Wells, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Frazier Wells) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Frazier Wells. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 35.7825, Longitude: -113.0721 In this case, the coordinates for Frazier Wells have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Frazier Wells to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 332.286 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 331.493 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 322.684 degrees.||