Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in Feaster, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Feaster and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Feaster:
- 33.991717, -109.145358
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Feaster
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Curious and Interesting Names Near Feaster ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Alpine [Apache County]
- Boneyard [Apache County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Boneyard
- Boneyard [Apache County] lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<1> to the southwest of Feaster
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Boneyard have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Boneyard
- Eagar [Apache County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Eagar
- Eagar [Apache County] lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<1> to the northwest of Feaster
- Estimated population in 2019: 4,941 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Eagar
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Eagar<2>
- Gribble Place [Catron County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gribble Place
- Gribble Place [Catron County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<1> to the east of Feaster
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Gribble Place have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gribble Place
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Luna [Catron County]
- Rosebud [Apache County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rosebud
- Rosebud [Apache County] lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<1> to the west of Feaster
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rosebud have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rosebud
- Springerville [Apache County]
- Spur Lake [Catron County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Spur Lake
- Spur Lake [Catron County] was located 15 miles [24.1 km]<1> to the east of Feaster
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Spur Lake have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Three Forks [Apache County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Three Forks
- Three Forks [Apache County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<1> to the southwest of Feaster
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Three Forks have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Three Forks
How Far From Feaster to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Feaster to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Feaster and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Saint Johns, which is the Seat of Apache County and lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<1> to the north northwest. If you could walk a straight line from Feaster to Saint Johns, with an average speed<4> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take over two days to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take just about two full days.
- Phoenix, which is the State Capital of Arizona, lies 172 miles [276.8 km] to the west (W). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take about three hours, a buggy would take 7 days and walking would take 10 days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 1,805 miles [2,904.9 km] to the east northeast (ENE). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 71 days and walking would take 103 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 7,331 miles [11,798.1 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 8,093 miles [13,024.4 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 6,016 miles [9,681.8 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Arizona Community
About Apache County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Feaster. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Apache County: www.co.apache.az.us/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Feaster) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Feaster. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 33.9917, Longitude: -109.1454 In this case, the coordinates for Feaster have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Feaster to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 328.97 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 327.347 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 320.60 degrees.||