Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in Dennehotso, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Dennehotso and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Dennehotso:
- 36.846109, -109.843543
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Dennehotso
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Curious and Interesting Names Near Dennehotso ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Baby Rocks [Navajo County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Baby Rocks
- Baby Rocks [Navajo County] lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<1> to the southwest of Dennehotso
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Baby Rocks
- Diamond Fields [Apache County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Diamond Fields
- Diamond Fields [Apache County] lies 3 miles [4.8 km]<1> to the southwest of Dennehotso
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Diamond Fields have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Diamond Fields
- Little Water [San Juan County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Little Water
- Little Water [San Juan County] lies 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the northeast of Dennehotso
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Little Water have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Little Water
- Mexican Hat [San Juan County]
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Mexican Water [Apache County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mexican Water
- Mexican Water [Apache County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<1> to the northeast of Dennehotso
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Mexican Water have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mexican Water
- Red Mesa [Apache County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Red Mesa
- Red Mesa [Apache County] lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<1> to the east of Dennehotso
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Red Mesa have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Red Mesa
- Rock Point [Apache County]
- Sand Springs [Apache County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sand Springs
- Sand Springs [Apache County] lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<1> to the east of Dennehotso
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sand Springs have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sand Springs
How Far From Dennehotso to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Dennehotso to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Dennehotso and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Saint Johns, which is the Seat of Apache County and lies 163 miles [262.3 km]<1> to the south. If you could drive a straight line from Dennehotso to Saint Johns, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 10 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 7 days.
- Phoenix, which is the State Capital of Arizona, lies 266 miles [428.1 km] to the south southwest (SSW). Driving would take four to five hours, a buggy would take 11 days and walking would take 16 days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 1,784 miles [2,871.1 km] to the east northeast (ENE). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 70 days and walking would take 102 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 7,181 miles [11,556.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,946 miles [12,787.8 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,888 miles [9,475.8 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Arizona
About Apache County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Dennehotso. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Apache County: www.co.apache.az.us/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Dennehotso) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Dennehotso. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Dennehotso
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Dennehotso. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 36.8461, Longitude: -109.8435
|<2>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Dennehotso to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 329.898 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 328.731 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 320.856 degrees.||