Welcome to Copper Creek ...
So far, we have found very little information about Copper Creek. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Copper Creek to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Copper Creek, please Contact Us.
Copper Creek would have been located within present day Pinal County<2>.
We aren't confident of the location of Copper Creek, so consider the above location as an estimate.<3>
A typical abbreviation for Copper Creek: Copper Crk. (or less commonly used: Copper Ck. or Copper Cr.)
While the community is gone, the present day location for Copper Creek is 3,980 feet [1,213 m] above sea level.<4> In other words, the altitude of Copper Creek is ¾ mile [or ~1¼ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: The area where Copper Creek was located is in the Mountain Standard Time Zone (MST) and does not observe daylight saving time
Communities Also Named Copper Creek ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Copper Creek - it's located in British Columbia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Copper Creek.
Communities near Copper Creek ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Copper Creek.
- Mammoth [Pinal County]
- North Mammoth [Pinal County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for North Mammoth
- North Mammoth [Pinal County] lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<5> to the west of Copper Creek
- Jump to Google Maps centered on North Mammoth
- Klondyke [Graham County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Klondyke
- Klondyke [Graham County] was located 10 miles [16.1 km]<5> to the northeast of Copper Creek
- San Manuel [Pinal County]
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Campo Bonito [Pinal County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Campo Bonito
- Campo Bonito [Pinal County] was located 19 miles [30.6 km]<5> to the southwest of Copper Creek
- Oracle [Pinal County]
- Dudleyville [Pinal County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dudleyville
- Dudleyville [Pinal County] lies 23 miles [37 km]<5> to the northwest of Copper Creek
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Dudleyville have been provided by the GNIS.<7> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dudleyville
- Winkelman [Gila County]
- Hayden [Gila County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hayden
- Hayden [Gila County] lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<5> to the northwest of Copper Creek
- Estimated population in 2019: 631 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hayden
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Hayden<6>
- Christmas [Gila County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Christmas
- Christmas [Gila County] was located 26 miles [41.8 km]<5> to the northwest of Copper Creek
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Christmas have been provided by the GNIS.<7> The coordinates still need to be verified.
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Copper Creek. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Copper Creek.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Copper Creek. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Copper Creek.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Copper Creek. See our Newspapers Page for Copper Creek.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Arizona
About Pinal County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Pinal County: www.co.pinal.az.us/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Copper Creek, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Arizona's counties, including Pinal, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<4>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Copper Creek - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Copper Creek) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Copper Creek. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Copper Creek
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Copper Creek. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 32.7510, Longitude: -110.4780 In this case, the coordinates for Copper Creek have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<7>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|