A visit to the Calvary Cemetery ...
Since our focus is on geography, we don't have burial or interment information. Nor do we have any contact information for the Calvary Cemetery. For information of that nature, we suggest the Find-A-Grave<1> website: The Calvary Cemetery (FAG ID #56985)
We have organized the cemeteries in our Gazetteer based on a problem that we had while working on our own genealogy. Without specifying the cemeteries involved, we found an ancestor that we believed to have been buried in one cemetery was actually buried elsewhere. We discovered that his burial had been refused at the last moment and the family had scrambled to make new arrangements. By looking at nearby cemeteries, the surrounding communities and in newspapers of the period, we were finally able to locate his burial site. Should you find yourself in the same situation, we hope that our Gazetteer helps you discover your lost ancestor.
The Location of the Calvary Cemetery ...
The Calvary Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located in Flagstaff.
Jump to Google Maps centered on the Calvary Cemetery
The cemetery is located in Coconino County<2>.
The county seat for Coconino County is located in Flagstaff. Flagstaff lies just to the north northeast of the Calvary Cemetery .
We are using the following GPS coordinates (latitude and longitude) for the Calvary Cemetery
Lat: 35.1830° (35° 10' 58")
Lon: -111.6581° (-111° 39' 29")
Websites to help with your research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we start with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their websites are open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that might help with the Calvary Cemetery:
- Pages specific to Arizona:
- Pages specific to Coconino County:
- Genealogy information for nearby counties:
- Cemetery Information and Directories:
- About the African Methodist Episcopal (AME) Church ...
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Disaster Stories from Arizona
List of neighboring communities ...
The following 13 communities are within 30 miles [48.3 km]<3> of the Calvary Cemetery.
- Bellemont [Coconino County]
- Big Park [Yavapai County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Big Park
- Big Park [Yavapai County] lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<3> to the south of Calvary Cemetery
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Big Park have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Big Park
- Flagstaff [Coconino County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Flagstaff
- Flagstaff [Coconino County] lies less than 2 miles<3> to the north of Calvary Cemetery
- Estimated population in 2019: 75,038 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Flagstaff
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Flagstaff<4>
- Kachina Village [Coconino County]
- Continue List (9 more) ...
- Mormon Lake [Coconino County]
- Mountainaire [Coconino County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mountainaire
- Mountainaire [Coconino County] lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the south of Calvary Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mountainaire
- Munds Park [Coconino County]
- Oak Creek [Yavapai County]
- Parks [Coconino County]
- Rockledge [Coconino County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rockledge
- Rockledge [Coconino County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the southeast of Calvary Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rockledge
- Sedona [Yavapai County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sedona
- Sedona [Yavapai County] lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<3> to the south of Calvary Cemetery
- Estimated population in 2019: 10,339 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sedona
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Sedona<4>
- Stoneman Lake [Coconino County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Stoneman Lake
- Stoneman Lake [Coconino County] lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<3> to the south of Calvary Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Stoneman Lake
- West Sedona [Yavapai County]
For the full list of neighboring communities with details, please visit our extended List of Communities.
Nearby communities with newspapers ...
The following communities are those where newspapers have been published and are located in the vicinity of the Calvary Cemetery. Unless otherwise noted, the following communities are located in Coconino County.
More information can be found on our list of Local Newspapers for The Calvary Cemetery.
List of the closest cemeteries ...
We know of 5 cemeteries that are within 30 miles [48.3 km] of the Calvary Cemetery. The cemeteries are listed in alphabetical order.
All of the following cemeteries are located in Coconino County.
- Canyon Diablo [Coconino County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Canyon Diablo
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Canyon Diablo. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Canyon Diablo lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<3> to the east of Calvary Cemetery.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Canyon Diablo
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2330230<1>
- Cooks Cedar Glade Cemetery [Coconino County]
- Peaceful Valley Memorial Park [Coconino County]
- St. Lukes Memorial Garden [Coconino County]
- Sedona Community Cemetery [Coconino County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Sedona Community Cemetery
- Sedona Community Cemetery lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<3> to the south of Calvary Cemetery.
- Sedona Community Cemetery has also been known as:
- Sedona Memorial Park
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sedona Community Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #867564<1>
For an expanded list with details, please visit our List of cemeteries.
Miscellaneous References and Mentions ...
While our initial data for the Calvary Cemetery came from goverment sources, we have also found mention of the Calvary Cemetery elsewhere. Typically we have little information to start with, but we try to add detail as we continue our research. We've created the following list to keep track of the sources we found useful in our research about the Calvary Cemetery.
- Referenced GNIS Record ...
- GNIS ID #27188 (Calvary Cemetery)
- Jump to GNIS Record #27188
- Class: cemetery Map Name: Flagstaff West
- County: Coconino Elev: 2104
- Location of GNIS #27188 (Calvary Cemetery)
- Lat: 35.1830675 Lon: -111.6579389
- Jump to Google Maps centered on GNIS #27188
- Referenced Find-A-Grave Entry: FAG ID #56985
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Arizona
About Coconino County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Coconino County: www.co.coconino.az.us/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Arizona's counties, including Coconino, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- ) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point at the Calvary Cemetery. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 35.1830, Longitude: -111.6581
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|