A visit to the Blue Cemetery ...
Since our focus is on geography, we don't have burial or interment information. Nor do we have any contact information for the Blue Cemetery. For information of that nature, we suggest the Find-A-Grave<1> website: The Blue Cemetery (FAG ID #56974)
We have organized the cemeteries in our Gazetteer based on a problem that we had while working on our own genealogy. Without specifying the cemeteries involved, we found an ancestor that we believed to have been buried in one cemetery was actually buried elsewhere. We discovered that his burial had been refused at the last moment and the family had scrambled to make new arrangements. By looking at nearby cemeteries, the surrounding communities and in newspapers of the period, we were finally able to locate his burial site. Should you find yourself in the same situation, we hope that our Gazetteer helps you discover your lost ancestor.
The Location of the Blue Cemetery ...
Jump to Google Maps centered on the Blue Cemetery
The Blue Cemetery is located in Greenlee County<2>.
The county seat for Greenlee County is located in Clifton. Clifton lies 42 miles [67.6 km]<3> to the south southwest of the Blue Cemetery .
We are using the following GPS coordinates (latitude and longitude) for the Blue Cemetery
Lat: 33.6490° (33° 38' 56")
Lon: -109.0945° (-109° 5' 40")
Establishment of the Blue Cemetery ...
The Blue Cemetery was:
Websites to help with your research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first visit the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These helpful websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their websites are open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that might help with the Blue Cemetery:
- Pages specific to Arizona:
- Pages specific to Greenlee County:
- Genealogy information for nearby counties:
- Cemetery Information and Directories:
- About the African Methodist Episcopal (AME) Church ...
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Disaster Stories from Arizona
List of neighboring communities ...
The following 12 communities are within 30 miles [48.3 km]<3> of the Blue Cemetery.
- Alma (21 miles [33.8 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Alma
- Alma lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<3> to the southeast of Blue Cemetery and is located in Catron County
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alma
- Alpine (14 miles [22.5 km] to the north)
- Apache Creek (29 miles [46.7 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Apache Creek
- Apache Creek lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<3> to the northeast of Blue Cemetery and is located in Catron County
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Apache Creek
- Blue (2 miles [3.2 km] to the south)
- Cruzville (26 miles [41.8 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cruzville
- Cruzville lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<3> to the northeast of Blue Cemetery and is located in Catron County
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cruzville
- Glenwood (25 miles [40.2 km] to the southeast)
- Luna (14 miles [22.5 km] to the northeast)
- Mogollon (24 miles [38.6 km] to the southeast) - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mogollon
- Mogollon was located 24 miles [38.6 km]<3> to the southeast of Blue Cemetery and is located in Catron County
- Nutrioso (22 miles [35.4 km] to the north)
- Pleasanton (28 miles [45.1 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pleasanton
- Pleasanton lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<3> to the southeast of Blue Cemetery and is located in Catron County
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pleasanton
- Reserve (19 miles [30.6 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Reserve
- Reserve lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<3> to the east of Blue Cemetery and is located in Catron County
- Population from the 2020 Census: 285 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Reserve
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Reserve<4>
- Sprucedale (14 miles [22.5 km] to the northwest) - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sprucedale
- Sprucedale was located 14 miles [22.5 km]<3> to the northwest of Blue Cemetery and is located in Greenlee County
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sprucedale have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
For the full list of neighboring communities with details, please visit our extended List of Communities.
Nearby communities with newspapers ...
The following communities are those where newspapers have been published and are located in the vicinity of the Blue Cemetery. Unless otherwise noted, the following communities are located in Greenlee County.
More information can be found on our list of Local Newspapers for The Blue Cemetery.
List of the closest cemeteries ...
We know of 5 cemeteries that are within 20 miles [32.2 km] of the Blue Cemetery. The cemeteries are listed in alphabetical order.
Unless otherwise noted, the following cemeteries are located in Greenlee County.
- Alpine City Cemetery [Apache County]
- Jones Cemetery [Greenlee County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Jones Cemetery
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for the Jones Cemetery have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jones Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #57044<1>
- Luna Cemetery [Catron County]
- Reserve Cemetery [Catron County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Reserve Cemetery
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for the Reserve Cemetery have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Reserve Cemetery lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<3> to the east of Blue Cemetery.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Reserve Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #38357<1>
- Schultz Gravesite [Apache County]
For an expanded list with details, please visit our List of cemeteries.
Miscellaneous References and Mentions ...
Our approach is to add the name of a cemetery whenever we see it mentioned - usually from newspapers, old books and maps. Typically we have little information to start with, but we continue to add detail as we find it.
We've created the following list to keep track of the sources that we found useful for the Blue Cemetery:
- Referenced GNIS Record ...
- GNIS ID #25376 (Blue Cemetery)
- Note: GNIS record #25376 has been archived by the USGS. It is no longer maintained by the USGS, nor can it be retrieved from their website.
- Class: cemetery Map Name: Maness Peak
- County: Greenlee Elev: 1813
- Location given for GNIS #25376 (Blue Cemetery)
- Lat: 33.6486658 Lon: -109.0945172
- Open a Google Map centered on the above location.
- Referenced Find-A-Grave Entry: #56974
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Search for a Community in Arizona
About Greenlee County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Greenlee County: www.co.greenlee.az.us/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Arizona's counties, including Greenlee, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- ) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point at the Blue Cemetery. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 33.6490, Longitude: -109.0945 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|