Welcome to Langley ...
Langley is located in Pike County<1>.
Langley is 790 feet [241 m] above sea level.<2>.
Time Zone: Langley lies in the Central Time Zone (CST/CDT) and observes daylight saving time
Langley lies within the (870) area code.
The ZIP code for Langley: 71952<3>
Communities Also Named Langley ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 12 communities that are also named Langley - they are located in British Columbia, Illinois, Kansas (2), Kentucky (2), Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Virginia and Washington.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Langley.
Communities near Langley ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Langley.
- Glenwood [Pike County]
- Murfreesboro [Pike County]
- Dierks [Howard County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dierks
- Dierks [Howard County] lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the southwest of Langley
- Estimated population in 2019: 1,082 people
- Former name for Dierks:
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dierks
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Dierks<5>
- Norman [Montgomery County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Norman
- Norman [Montgomery County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the northeast of Langley
- Estimated population in 2019: 362 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Norman have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Former name for Norman:
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Norman
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Norman<5>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Daisy [Pike County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Daisy
- Daisy [Pike County] lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the southeast of Langley
- Estimated population in 2019: 110 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Daisy
- Black Springs [Montgomery County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Black Springs
- Black Springs [Montgomery County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the northeast of Langley
- Estimated population in 2019: 92 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Black Springs have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Black Springs
- Star of the West [Pike County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Star of the West
- Star of the West [Pike County] was located 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the south of Langley
- Newhope [Pike County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Newhope
- Newhope [Pike County] lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the south of Langley
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Newhope
- Athens [Howard County]
- Grandfield [Pike County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Grandfield
- Grandfield [Pike County] lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the southwest of Langley
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Grandfield
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Langley. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Langley.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Langley. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Langley.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Langley. See our Newspapers Page for Langley.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Langley ...
Looking for more information about Langley? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Langley, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Langley.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Arkansas
About Pike County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Langley. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Arkansas: https://portal.arkansas.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Arkansas' counties, including Pike, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Langley - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Langley). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Langley or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Langley) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Langley. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Langley
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Langley. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 34.3128, Longitude: -93.8420
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|