When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Shady Acres.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Shady Acres. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Shady Acres.
Large Airports ...
- Birmingham Intl. (BHM/KBHM)
- Hartsfield - Jackson Intl. (ATL/KATL)
- Nashville Intl. (BNA/KBNA)
- McGhee Tyson Airport (TYS/KTYS)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Huntsville Intl. (HSV/KHSV)
- Roanoke Muni. (FAA ID: 7A5)
- Roanoke Municipal Airport lies 72 miles [115.9 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Shady Acres.
- Official website: https://www.flyroa.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Roanoke Municipal Airport
- Tuscaloosa Rgnl. (TCL/KTCL)
- Montgomery Rgnl. (MGM/KMGM)
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Northwest Alabama Rgnl. (MSL/KMSL)
- Columbus Metro Airport (CSG/KCSG)
- Lovell Fld. (CHA/KCHA)
General Aviation Airports ...
- St. Clair Co. Airport (FAA ID: PLR)
- Saint Clair County Airport lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Shady Acres.
- Official website: www.plrairport.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Clair County Airport
- Robbins Fld. (FAA ID: 20A)
- Robbins Field lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> miles to the north of Shady Acres.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Robbins Field
- Talladega Muni. (FAA ID: ASN)
- Talladega Municipal Airport lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Shady Acres.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Talladega Municipal Airport
- Gadsden Muni.
- Gadsden Municipal Airport lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Shady Acres.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gadsden Municipal Airport
- Continue List (7 more) ...
- Northeast Alabama Rgnl. (ICAO: KGAD)
- Sylacauga Muni. (ICAO: KSCD)
- Anniston Metro Airport (ANB/KANB)
- Bessemer Airport (FAA ID: EKY)
- Bessemer Airport lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Shady Acres.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bessemer Airport
- Shelby Co. Airport (ICAO: KEET)
- Jacksonville Muni.
- Jacksonville Municipal Airport lies 40 miles [64.4 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Shady Acres.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jacksonville Municipal Airport
- Albertville Rgnl. (ICAO: K8A0)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Alabama
About Saint Clair County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Shady Acres. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Saint Clair County: www.stclairco.com/
The official website for State of Alabama: https://www.alabama.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Shady Acres), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Shady Acres) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Shady Acres. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 33.6501, Longitude: -86.4533 In this case, the coordinates for Shady Acres have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).