When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Sanderson Ferry.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Sanderson Ferry. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Sanderson Ferry.
Large Airports ...
- Birmingham Intl. (BHM/KBHM)
- Hartsfield - Jackson Intl. (ATL/KATL)
- Nashville Intl. (BNA/KBNA)
- Memphis Intl. (MEM/KMEM)
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- McGhee Tyson Airport (TYS/KTYS)
- Pensacola Rgnl. (PNS/KPNS)
- Northwest Florida Rgnl. (VPS/KVPS)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Tuscaloosa Rgnl. (TCL/KTCL)
- Huntsville Intl. (HSV/KHSV)
- Northwest Alabama Rgnl. (MSL/KMSL)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Walker Co. Airport (FAA ID: JFX)
- Walker County Airport lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Sanderson Ferry.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Walker County Airport
- Winston Co. Airport (FAA ID: 3M2)
- Double Springs - Winston County Airport lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Sanderson Ferry.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Double Springs - Winston County Airport
- Addison Muni. (FAA ID: 2A8)
- Addison Municipal Airport lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> miles to the north of Sanderson Ferry.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Addison Municipal Airport
- Folsom Fld. (3A1/K3A1)
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Bessemer Airport (FAA ID: EKY)
- Bessemer Airport lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<2> miles to the south southeast of Sanderson Ferry.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bessemer Airport
- Richard Arthur Fld. (FAA ID: M95)
- Richard Arthur Field lies 39 miles [62.8 km]<2> miles to the west of Sanderson Ferry.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Richard Arthur Field
- Posey Fld. (ICAO: K1M4)
- Rountree Fld. (FAA ID: 5M0)
- Rountree Field lies 43 miles [69.2 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Sanderson Ferry.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rountree Field
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Alabama
About Walker County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Sanderson Ferry. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Walker County: www.walkercounty.com/
The official website for State of Alabama: https://www.alabama.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Sanderson Ferry), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Sanderson Ferry) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Sanderson Ferry. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 33.8062, Longitude: -87.1431 In this case, the coordinates for Sanderson Ferry have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).