When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Saint Clair Shores.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Saint Clair Shores. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Saint Clair Shores.
Large Airports ...
- Birmingham Intl. (BHM/KBHM)
- Hartsfield - Jackson Intl. (ATL/KATL)
- Nashville Intl. (BNA/KBNA)
- McGhee Tyson Airport (TYS/KTYS)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Roanoke Muni. (FAA ID: 7A5)
- Roanoke Municipal Airport lies 59 miles [95 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Saint Clair Shores.
- Official website: https://www.flyroa.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Roanoke Municipal Airport
- Tuscaloosa Rgnl. (TCL/KTCL)
- Montgomery Rgnl. (MGM/KMGM)
- Huntsville Intl. (HSV/KHSV)
- Columbus Metro Airport (CSG/KCSG)
- Northwest Alabama Rgnl. (MSL/KMSL)
General Aviation Airports ...
- St. Clair Co. Airport (FAA ID: PLR)
- Saint Clair County Airport lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Saint Clair Shores.
- Official website: www.plrairport.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Clair County Airport
- Talladega Muni. (FAA ID: ASN)
- Talladega Municipal Airport lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Saint Clair Shores.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Talladega Municipal Airport
- Sylacauga Muni. (ICAO: KSCD)
- Anniston Metro Airport (ANB/KANB)
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Coosa Co. Airport
- Coosa County Airport lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> miles to the south southeast of Saint Clair Shores.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Coosa County Airport
- Ashland - Lineville Airport (FAA ID: 26A)
- Ashland - Lineville Airport lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Saint Clair Shores.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ashland - Lineville Airport
- Robbins Fld. (FAA ID: 20A)
- Robbins Field lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<2> miles to the north of Saint Clair Shores.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Robbins Field
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Alabama Community
About Saint Clair County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Saint Clair Shores. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Saint Clair County: www.stclairco.com/
The official website for State of Alabama: https://www.alabama.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Saint Clair Shores), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Saint Clair Shores) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Saint Clair Shores. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 33.4959, Longitude: -86.3036 In this case, the coordinates for Saint Clair Shores have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).