When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Roxana.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Roxana. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Roxana.
Large Airports ...
- Birmingham Intl. (BHM/KBHM)
- Northwest Florida Rgnl. (VPS/KVPS)
- Pensacola Rgnl. (PNS/KPNS)
- Hartsfield - Jackson Intl. (ATL/KATL)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Montgomery Rgnl. (MGM/KMGM)
- Dothan Rgnl. (DHN/KDHN)
- Columbus Metro Airport (CSG/KCSG)
- Roanoke Muni. (FAA ID: 7A5)
- Roanoke Municipal Airport lies 83 miles [133.6 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Roxana.
- Official website: https://www.flyroa.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Roanoke Municipal Airport
- Tuscaloosa Rgnl. (TCL/KTCL)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Autauga Co. Airport
- Autauga County Airport lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Roxana.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Autauga County Airport
- Prattville - Grouby Fld. (FAA ID: 1A9)
- Prattville - Grouby Field lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Roxana.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Prattville - Grouby Field
- Fort Deposit Airport (FAA ID: 67A)
- Fort Deposit-Lowndes County Airport lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Roxana.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fort Deposit-Lowndes County Airport
- Wetumpka Muni. (FAA ID: 08A)
- Wetumpka Municipal Airport lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> miles to the north of Roxana.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wetumpka Municipal Airport
- Continue List (7 more) ...
- Troy Muni. (ICAO: KTOI)
- Franklin Fld. (FAA ID: 07A)
- Franklin Field lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> miles to the east of Roxana.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Franklin Field
- Greenville Muni.
- Greenville Municipal Airport lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Roxana.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greenville Municipal Airport
- MacCrenshaw Meml. (ICAO: KPRN)
- Tallassee Muni.
- Tallassee Municipal Airport lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Roxana.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tallassee Municipal Airport
- Moton Fld. Muni. (FAA ID: 06A)
- Moton Field Municipal Airport lies 39 miles [62.8 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Roxana.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Moton Field Municipal Airport
- Brundidge Muni. (FAA ID: 60A)
- Brundidge Municipal Airport lies 41 miles [66 km]<2> miles to the southeast of Roxana.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brundidge Municipal Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Alabama
About Montgomery County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Roxana. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Montgomery County: www.mc-ala.org/
The official website for State of Alabama: https://www.alabama.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Roxana), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Roxana) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Roxana. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 32.1832, Longitude: -86.2716 In this case, the coordinates for Roxana have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).